Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Connect local AEM to different AEM JCR host

Level 2

I'm trying to connect my local AEM (5.6) to the AEM JCR on another box. I found the following, but it is not working. How do I accomplish this?

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/core/developing/development_tools/developing_with_crxde/config...

Thanks,

Doug

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I find that topic a bit suspicious. I am going to investigate to see if its accurate or outdated information.

I have not heard about changing a child node of apps/<my project>  to change the AEM repository that CRXDE works with. 

Typically to point your CRXDE client to a remote CQ Server -- you enter the URL of the CQ server in the CRXDE login:

[img]CRXDE.png[/img]

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

The topic that you referenced is about using CRXDE (Configuring CRXDE). Are  you saying that you cannot get your CRXDE tool to connect to a remote CQ server? 

Level 2

That's correct (my appologies, I'm still pretty new to this world).

I tried a few different location values for the com.day.crx.ide.CRXDEServlet node, maybe I just don't know the expected pattern?  Right now I have: http://172.23.87.129:4502/crx/server

Correct answer by
Level 10

I find that topic a bit suspicious. I am going to investigate to see if its accurate or outdated information.

I have not heard about changing a child node of apps/<my project>  to change the AEM repository that CRXDE works with. 

Typically to point your CRXDE client to a remote CQ Server -- you enter the URL of the CQ server in the CRXDE login:

[img]CRXDE.png[/img]

Level 2

I'm assuming I don't have the option to enter a URL in CRXDE Lite?  I'm not seeing it, I only have user/pass/workspace.

Level 10

CRXDE Lite is different from CRXDE.  

CRXDE is a standalone client that lets you work on remote versions of CQ. That is  -- you can login to a remote CQ server via the login screen as shown in a previous thread in this question. 

In contrast  -- CRXDE Lite is embedded into CRX/CQ. Unlke CRXDE - you cannot point CRXDE Lite to a remote repository. TO work in the remote repository - log onto the remote CQ server and work in its CRXDE Lite from your web browser.