Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Configuring Style System for Nested Components

Level 2

Hello,

I have a component "Three Card Merchandising" that contains other components like "Merchandising Cards" like so:

<div class="cmp-threeCardMerchandising__cards">

<div class="cmp-threeCardMerchandising__merchandisingCard merchandisingCard" data-sly-resource="${'card-one' @ resourceType='corp-home/components/content/merchandisingCard'}"></div>

<div class="cmp-threeCardMerchandising__merchandisingCard merchandisingCard" data-sly-resource="${'card-two' @ resourceType='corp-home/components/content/merchandisingCard'}"></div>

<div class="cmp-threeCardMerchandising__merchandisingCard merchandisingCard" data-sly-resource="${'card-three' @ resourceType='corp-home/components/content/merchandisingCard'}"></div>

</div>

and have configured it to be a container component with "cq:isContainer" like so:

1724616_pastedImage_1.png

I have added this component to the structure of a template and configured a policy for one of the cards within the component to contains styles.

The style is showing up as expected on a page of this template type:

1724617_pastedImage_3.png

However the class is not being applied to the HTML when I select the option.

Is it possible to configure styles for nested components? If so, what changes can I make in order to get the style to apply as expected?

Thank you,

Francesca

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Team replied:

Unfortunately, I don't believe nested components with the Style system are supported.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

This is not documented nor is there any examples of this use case. I am checking with the team on this use case.

Level 3
From what I've noticed, it looks like the wrapper div is not being generated when including a component. Because of this, the style system cannot add any classes to it. Adding @decoration=true to the data-sly-resource will include the wrapper div (which is important, because otherwise your cq:htmlTag might not be taken into account).

Correct answer by
Level 10

Team replied:

Unfortunately, I don't believe nested components with the Style system are supported.

Level 2

Okay thank you so much!

Can I document somewhere as a feature request?

Level 1

This worked for me :

<sly class="cmp-threeCardMerchandising__merchandisingCard merchandisingCard" data-sly-resource="${'card-one' @ resourceType='corp-home/components/content/merchandisingCard', decorationTagName='div', cssClassName='card-one'}"></sly>

Level 1

Your comment should be the accepted solution, you saved my day. I owe to you. Thanks

Level 3

From what I've noticed, it looks like the wrapper div is not being generated when including a component. Because of this, the style system cannot add any classes to it. Adding @decoration=true to the data-sly-resource will include the wrapper div (which is important, because otherwise your cq:htmlTag might not be taken into account).

Level 1

This comment should probably be the "Accepted Solution"