Expand my Community achievements bar.

Configuring Sort functionality for overlay column in list-view sites console

Level 4

Hi Team,

We overlayed a column in list-view[Screenshot1], followed the steps that mentioned in adobe doc's 

https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/aem/6-1/develop/extending/customizing-consoles-touch.html 

Extended PageInfoProvider class & added custom values[Screenshot3]. The values are displaying without any issues but sort functionality is not working.

We added all the sort attributes that are availble in default columns like published, modified, but no luck. We got to know that data-timestamp[Screenshot2] is getting added to both published & modified columns based on that sort is working whereas in our case we just added properties for json. Is there any way wher how to add that data-timestamp or any other way to make sort work.

Regards,

Teja G

4 Replies

Level 10

Have you installed the code examples that the topic points you to: 

aem-admin-extension-new-console is a sample package showing how to create a new AEM 6 console. This package provides a UI for managing Launches and adds a link in the navigation:

CODE ON GITHUB

You can find the code of this page on GitHub

Open aem-admin-extension-new-console project on GitHub
Download the project as a ZIP file

Level 4

downloaded the package from Github & installed it, still facing same issue. In that package its displaying as Calendar object [Screenshot4] coz from service they are sending Calendar object. We tried adding the sort attributes that are available for published & modified no luck[screenshot5].. Is there anyway to find how they are adding data-timestamp for published & modified columns so that we can take it up..??

Level 10

I got same results - as Gilles pointed out - i am not sure this version of AEM supports this. 

Employee

Unfortunately, I think that's a limitation of the 6.1 extension point, as written on the documentation page:

This feature is optimized for columns of text fields; for other data types it is possible to overlay cq/gui/components/siteadmin/admin/listview/columns/analyticscolumnrenderer in /apps.