Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Configuring Apache dispatcher with cq

Level 4

I have installed "Apache2.2" in my machine.
I have downloaded "dispatcher-apache2.2-windows-x86-4.1.9.zip" file, unzipped it and placed the "disp_apache2.2.dll" in modules folder of dispatcher.
I copied "dispatcher.any" file in conf folder and registered my server port number in "dispatcher.any" file as shown below.

# The load will be balanced among these render instances
    /renders
      {
      /rend01
        {
        # Hostname or IP of the render
        /hostname "127.0.0.1"
        # Port of the render
        /port "4503"
        # Connect timeout in milliseconds, 0 to wait indefinitely
        # /timeout "0"
        }
      }

I have registered IP address for server in host file as shown below

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    127.0.0.1       www.yyy.com

when ever I am trying www.yyy.com in browser it always showing it works ! as shown in image.

Its not pointing to Server.

How can this be solved ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

the page displaying "It works" is the default page Apache presents when nothing is configured. Have you restarted your Apache webserver after the reconfiguration? Is the dispatcher.log displaying anything meaningful?

Jörg

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

the page displaying "It works" is the default page Apache presents when nothing is configured. Have you restarted your Apache webserver after the reconfiguration? Is the dispatcher.log displaying anything meaningful?

Jörg

Employee

Hi,

Search for rewriting "/" in Apache. You can write a rewrite rule that maps / to /content/site/index.html

Regards,

Opkar

Level 4

Hi,

Thinks for your reply. The problem is solved after restarting Apache webserver.

Level 4

I tried as mentioned above. But I am getting the same result. I have attached dispatcher.any and httpd files.

Employee

Hi,

have a look at [1], search for 

00   RewriteEngine On 01   RewriteRule ^/$ /content/geometrixx/en.html [PT,L]

This article gives a good overview, of using Apache and AEM. All of it is not suitable for your simple use case, but you can extract what you need from here.

Here is another good article [2]

Regards,

Opkar

[1] https://www.cognifide.com/blogs/cq/multidomain-cq-mappings-and-apache-configuration/#.VcZ_Knh_8sA

[2] http://www.wemblog.com/2012/07/how-to-use-dispatcher-with-mapped.html

Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. My problem is not about rewrite. My dispatcher is unable to access cq server.

Employee

www.yyy.com will always go to the web server defined root.

What happens when you add the path to one of your pages after www.yyy.com

Did you write the page which prints it works?