Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Components per region

Level 6

Hi,

I have a scenario where I have Item detail pages that should be available in 3 different regions, and the components allowed should be per region. 

In a first look I think this can be done with only one template right? Setting different allowed components in the parsys for each region? But for this I would need to have one design for each region. Am I going into the right approach?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

is the content path different for each region?

Could you not create separate templates for each region that extend a common component, this would be cleaner I think. Only need a single design as well.

You get 3 instead of 1 template, but since they all extend the same component, it is pretty straightforward. Why do you want to use only a single template?

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

I think this is the correct approach - you can define what component is allowed and what component is not allowed setting this values. 

Level 10

Even I can think of the same ! that should be fine unless if others have any other inputs

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

is the content path different for each region?

Could you not create separate templates for each region that extend a common component, this would be cleaner I think. Only need a single design as well.

You get 3 instead of 1 template, but since they all extend the same component, it is pretty straightforward. Why do you want to use only a single template?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 6

Hi Opkar,

Yes the content path is different for each reagion,

So, in this approach we are going to have 3 templates, and 3 page components extending from the same component. I think it is more cleaner.

I would like to have only one template to not create many templates that would be similar.

Thanks for your inputs.

Employee

Hi,

you could have 3 templates extend a single page component. I think it is cleaner than putting logic in your page component to determine which region it is in.

Having many templates is not an issue, if they are all relevant and serve a distinct purpose.

Regards,

Opkar