Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Components not editable independently in SP2 Classic

Level 2

We are experiencing a sitewide issue in 6.0 SP2 for Classic UI where components almost seem to "fuse" together and are no longer editable individually. In SP1 this is not an issue. 

To elaborate further, when in edit mode the green border that appears around components should highlight each component individually. Right clicking will allow you authors to edit the components details. This works exactly as expected in SP1. However, in SP2 the green border is drawn around an entire group of components and not individually. Authors cannot delete or edit components individually. Interestingly enough, if an author double clicks on the "fused" component, all the the effected components dialog popups will open at once. 

Anyone seeing this? 

My over simplified graphic illustrating the issue:

[img]sp1-vs-sp2.png[/img]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I believe that I have solved this issue finally. After much poking and prodding, I discovered that the sightly version of parsys had infact changed between SP1 and SP2.

SP1 Sample:

data-sly-resource="${paragraph.resourcePath @ resourceType=paragraph.resourceType, decorationTagName='div'}"

SP2 Sample:

data-sly-resource="${paragraph.resourcePath @ resourceType=paragraph.resourceType}"

decorationTagName='div' is the difference. If I added this line back to the SP2 version everything works fine.

The Solution if you are having this issue, is to use the .jsp version of parsys instead of sighhtly.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

When you look under /content and open the page in CRXDE lite- are you seeing each component individually? 

Level 10

Not seen such issue so far. Log a support ticket with below details

*   Affected browser & its version.

*   Steps to reproduce on geometrixx site.

*   Java script error details if any

Level 2

Before I file a ticket, let me ask a question first. Are there any known issues with multiple parsys systems from columns?  I noticed just a little bit ago while debugging that our column system seems to reproduce the issue but the Adobe column does not. Here is our code for a two column component.

<div class="group"> <div class="half" data-sly-resource="${'gridHalf1' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}">.half</div> <div class="half" data-sly-resource="${'gridHalf2' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}">.half</div> </div>

I know adobe uses a different column system but our requirements called for a different class naming convention. Anyway, looking at the code above does anything stand out as incorrect or as having any known defects?

Thanks!

Level 2

Yes, all the components are shown individually in the JCR. I attached a screenshot just in case it proves useful. 

[img]Google Chrome-001.png[/img]

FWIW, let me add some additional information that may be related. We initially discovered this issue when using the edit bar. The edit bar would float left when the component was in a right column. Initially we blamed the "Fusing" effect on the edit bar and decided to disable the edit bar. Turns out the issue was not isolated to the edit bar. 

Level 10

WIth aem6 should not be an issue for multiple or nested parsys,  for 5.6 you might need a fix.   I suspected it is custom implementation that is reason asked for geometrixx.

Correct answer by
Level 2

I believe that I have solved this issue finally. After much poking and prodding, I discovered that the sightly version of parsys had infact changed between SP1 and SP2.

SP1 Sample:

data-sly-resource="${paragraph.resourcePath @ resourceType=paragraph.resourceType, decorationTagName='div'}"

SP2 Sample:

data-sly-resource="${paragraph.resourcePath @ resourceType=paragraph.resourceType}"

decorationTagName='div' is the difference. If I added this line back to the SP2 version everything works fine.

The Solution if you are having this issue, is to use the .jsp version of parsys instead of sighhtly.