Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Components are not appearing in designmode

Level 4

Hi,

Created components are not appearing in design mode (not coming under component group) but in edit mode same component is appearing in sidekick.

Developed components by directly dragging from sidekick but when i go back to design mode, those components are missing and in publish env also those components are not rendering.

Pls help me out.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Step 1 : Goto Design mode

Click on the design icon (3rd in the list at the bottom of sidekick). It will enable to go to design mode.

DesignMode

Step 2: Click Edit in the Design mode of the parsys

Edit

As shown in the below image, it will open the all component groups available for the page.

ComponentGroups

Step 3: Add the component group

Select the component groups and click ok. Then sidekick will have the component groups as below.

SideKickwithComp

Once it is done you are ready to add the components to your parsys (in page). Note that the page is in Edit mode when you see the components.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

1. Are you seeing any error in log fine when you go to design mode?

2. What do you under component group in design mode dialog?

3. Can you share the screenshot

Level 4

edubey wrote...

1. Are you seeing any error in log fine when you go to design mode?

2. What do you under component group in design mode dialog?

3. Can you share the screenshot

please find the attached file.

Level 8

Can you provide a screenshot of that component group when you're in Design mode and not Edit mode?  Can you also tail the error.log when you switch to design mode and see if there are any errors thrown and post those too?

Level 10

In order to get component you need to add from design mode for this parsys, 

Go to design and add components for this parsys, once added 

come back to to edit mode and you will be able to see.

Level 10

you need to allow components which needs to be accessed within the parsys or the component. As@edubey mentioned, goto edit mode click edit on parsys and add your component. Once you are back in edit mode you should be able to see the same

Correct answer by
Administrator

Step 1 : Goto Design mode

Click on the design icon (3rd in the list at the bottom of sidekick). It will enable to go to design mode.

DesignMode

Step 2: Click Edit in the Design mode of the parsys

Edit

As shown in the below image, it will open the all component groups available for the page.

ComponentGroups

Step 3: Add the component group

Select the component groups and click ok. Then sidekick will have the component groups as below.

SideKickwithComp

Once it is done you are ready to add the components to your parsys (in page). Note that the page is in Edit mode when you see the components.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni