Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Component Rollout option

Level 8

I see rollout option at component, can anyone tell us what it does and from which service pack version is it available?

Vani1012_0-1681986093725.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Exactly. The rollout option can be in both ways. Page-wise and component-wise.

You already figured out how the component-wise rollout option is working. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Vani1012 ,

Before understanding the rollout option you need to understand MSM (Master & Live Copy concept)

In short, Master copy is the blueprint copy of a website. and Live copy is the copy content of that blueprint but a managerial way by AEM.

Here you will get the details concept about it: https://www.luxusworldwide.com/blog/live-copies-in-aem-explained 

In your question, this rollout option is available on master copy content. You can use this option to synchronize content to live copies.

Result will be,

Change a Master copy content TextAA to TextBB and after rollout to the live copies their content will automatically change to TextBB.

Hope you understand.

Level 8

Correct me if I am wrong

what I understood is 

if we add paragraph component in master page and added text  as "abc" and use rollout option of component then it will synchronzie the paragraph component text as "abc" in live copy.
It will synchronize the component content not the entire page right?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Exactly. The rollout option can be in both ways. Page-wise and component-wise.

You already figured out how the component-wise rollout option is working. 

Level 8

Can you please share document rollout specific to component as I need document

Level 8

@Sady_Rifat I want the documentation specific to rollout component, Can you please share

Community Advisor

Not sure is there any document available only for the component. But the concept is the same in both of the cases.

You can see this document for a deep dive in this topic: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/introduction/msm-livecop... 

Level 8

@Sady_Rifat for the "roll-out" which principle is used(like which workflow used), or is this the default OOTB behaviour, Can you explain clearly.