Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Component parsys not visible

Level 5

I have a component, and on adding the component on the page, the component's container is not visible. Although, I'm able to see the component in the content tree in left panel. What can be the issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

@goyalkritika Check the container component parsys resource type and its name which must be unique within the container parsys-1. 

<div data-sly-resource="${ 'parsys-1' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

OR It may be an issue with the CSS as it may not be visible. but, available on the page.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Mostly it's issue with the parsys or container component used by you..Kindly compare the properties of your component with core component like accordion container..

Regards

Ankur

Correct answer by
Level 10

@goyalkritika Check the container component parsys resource type and its name which must be unique within the container parsys-1. 

<div data-sly-resource="${ 'parsys-1' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

OR It may be an issue with the CSS as it may not be visible. but, available on the page.

Level 6

Hi @goyalkritika 
Does this mean your component block is not visible on the editor window of the page but is visible in the content tree on the left. 
If so then your issue is your component html is not rendering I guess. Please check your page in view as published and see if there are any errors in your component. You can also check for errors in browser console.

If by parsys you mean by adding parsys as such in your component html, your component has stopped rendering. 
<div data-sly-resource="${ 'parsys1' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>
Then can you post your component html and also check for errors in view as published mode.

Administrator

@goyalkritika Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 8

@goyalkritika , Please check whether your component is having placeholder text.
if not try to add below lines in your component html.

<sly data-sly-use.template="core/wcm/components/commons/v1/templates.html"/>
<sly data-sly-call="${template.placeholder @ isEmpty=COMPONENT_PROPERTY, classAppend='cmp-CLASS_NAME'}"></sly>

COMPONENT_PROPERTY :: provide any property of your component to be validated.
CLASS_NAME :: custom class name for the placeholder

Check for core components for more details on placeholder text.