Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

component not displayed

Level 4

dev-author-globalnav-1.pngdev-author-globalnav-1-1.pngdev-publish-globalnav-footer-missing.pngdev-publish-globalnav-footer-missing-1-1.pngHi,

I have a header, footer components below /apps/<my-site>/components/structure

In my local author, publish both header, footer displayed and I can see html generated in page source.

When I pushed code to upper environments

in DEV env: author displays header, footer, publish does not display (I do not see html for header, footer components generated)

in Stage env: author, publish both does not display header, footer

Yes code is deployed properly  for header, footer, templates in all environments.

I do not have access to osgi console , logs in upper environments, any ideas why this happening only for header, footer ... other components on page rendered fine.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi @sreedobe,

Can you please add screenshot of header component html & html structure from browser page source where header is missing. also if you access to crxde in higher environment try reloading the page & check if there are any error printed on crxde console tab where logs will be generated

crxde.PNG

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi @sreedobe,

Can you please add screenshot of header component html & html structure from browser page source where header is missing. also if you access to crxde in higher environment try reloading the page & check if there are any error printed on crxde console tab where logs will be generated

crxde.PNG

Level 4

hi @Manjunath_K  I have uploaded with screenshots where I shown DOM for header-nav-insights as well as block/grey footer in author working and publish server same page does not work.

Level 8

@sreedobe 

Can you please add headercompoent.html screenshot & also is it complete markup not generated on publisher or partial markup generated(publisher screenshot which you have attached doesn't show header section div). also did you you check logs on crxde console after reloading the page? it will be difficult to analyze the issue which you are facing just looking into screenshot so more details on the issue will be helpful to understand the issue.

Level 4

@Manjunath_K 

<div aria-label="${'HeaderNavigation' @ i18n}"
     data-sly-use.headerNavModel="com.xxx.xxx.xxxx.xxxx.core.models.HeaderNav">

<div data-sly-test="${!headerNavModel.mobileView}"
         data-component="PersonalInvestorNavigation"
         data-prop-show-prompt="${headerNavModel.defaultHomePageSelect ? 'true' : 'false'}"
         data-prop-show-mega-menu="${headerNavModel.hideMainNavigation ? 'false' : 'true'}">
    </div>
</div>

<div data-sly-test="${(wcmmode.edit || wcmmode.preview)}"
     class="cq-placeholder ${classAppend}"
     data-emptytext="${component.properties.jcr:title}${emptyTextAppend && ' - '}${emptyTextAppend}">
</div>

Level 4
I do not have access to crxde logs, osgi console logs either.

Level 5

These are custom components correct?  Are all the pages you have configured in the Publish instance?

I've seen cases where people create their own headers/footers and don't bother checking existence of the pages (bypassing linkchecker).

Community Advisor

Did you try compare with other working Custom components (on both author and publish instances in higher environments )

you can request for logs from admin (who has access to the logs in higher environment)

Community Advisor

It seems like you are using SPA, and the clientlibs, responsible to generate header and footer, is not available on the instance, where you are facing issue.

So it will be better to first try to troubleshoot the issue with the IP:port URL, if it works fine with that then do the required changes to make the clientlibs available on the dispatcher URL.

Hope this will help.

Umesh Thakur

Community Advisor

@sreedobe it might because your user from the upper environment does not have permissions. Anything from the ./crx-quickstart/logs/error.log log file, please share these screenshots with us.

Level 4
Thanks, yes in upper environment permissions issue.