Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Component name is breaking when adding to a page

Level 6

Hi,

When we are adding a component, it's name is breaking in the node structure and due to which some functionality is not working.

Component :

akhilr48142671_0-1658893950431.png

akhilr48142671_1-1658893967959.png

When we add it to a  page, it should look like below,

Expected:

akhilr48142671_2-1658894015660.png

Actual:  global_nav_categorie          - last word s is missing.

Any idea where we can check it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I could see the same behavior in my local. Components that are dragged and dropped, the length of node name is restricted to 20 characters(excluding _ in end and random number). But that should ideally not impact any functionality because the name of node for a component is random and its functionality works based on Sling resolution. For example if you drag and drop the same component again, its name would be global_nav_categorie_RANDOM_NUMBER. 

If somewhere you are referring this node name, then you should use cq:template and refer the exact same name i.e. global_nav_categorie or refer same name in structure/initial of editable template. It should work fine.

Also if there is no restriction, I think you can change the name of the component and limit its name to max 20 characters. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can you check and confirm, if you dont have another component with name "global_nav_categorie" (without s)?

I noticed that your component global_nav_categories is part of group General, so check if you may have created another component with the same name (without s) and make it part of your project group.

Level 6

Hi @Mohit_KBansal ,

We don't have anything with "global_nav_categorie".

It will come to content/jcr:content  with mentioned name once we add the component to page

Employee Advisor

@akhilraj So the resourcePath is pointing to your component when you place it on content/jcr:content?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I could see the same behavior in my local. Components that are dragged and dropped, the length of node name is restricted to 20 characters(excluding _ in end and random number). But that should ideally not impact any functionality because the name of node for a component is random and its functionality works based on Sling resolution. For example if you drag and drop the same component again, its name would be global_nav_categorie_RANDOM_NUMBER. 

If somewhere you are referring this node name, then you should use cq:template and refer the exact same name i.e. global_nav_categorie or refer same name in structure/initial of editable template. It should work fine.

Also if there is no restriction, I think you can change the name of the component and limit its name to max 20 characters.