Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Component Javascript Events

Former Community Member

I have a page with a number of text components. When a user updates content for one of these text components, I need to be able to call a Javascript function. Is there a way to register custom Javascript callbacks for certain component events *without* creating any new custom components?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Most of the time - people that code callback methods in JavaScript do so as part of programming a custom AEM component - or overlaying an existing on (which still is creating a new component). 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Most of the time - people that code callback methods in JavaScript do so as part of programming a custom AEM component - or overlaying an existing on (which still is creating a new component). 

Former Community Member

I have, but what from I can tell, it must be defined as part of the component (which I cannot change). I have a template which has some Javascript that needs to be called anytime a component on the page is updated. I'm trying to see if there are some Javascript events that I can perhaps listen to in my template in order to run my custom callback.