Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Comments Component issue while deleting a comment-CQ5 OOTB

Former Community Member

I am extending the OOTB comments component .When i try to delete a comment which i have added previously, the comments are getting deleted but the total count and counter is not decreasing which has been stored under /content/usergenerated/<pagepath>/jcr:content/comments_index/key/counter .Please provide your valuable inputs

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1
Level 1

Just figured out a solution to my problem...

In my case the root of the problem was the fact that I embedded the comment component instead of adding it via parsys (which is done in the Geometrixx example, for instance). However, by including it with Sightly, no "comments" node was created below the content node of the page which is supposed to include the comments component. So I included the "comments" node as part of a parsys in the corresponding template. Have a look at this helpful explanation at SO for some details:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22392147/cq5-preload-a-parsys-with-components#answers-header

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1
Level 1

I know it has been a while since this question was asked - but has anyone found a solution yet?

I have just recently stumbled upon the same problem on my project... So every kind of help would be highly appreciated :-D

Correct answer by
Level 1
Level 1

Just figured out a solution to my problem...

In my case the root of the problem was the fact that I embedded the comment component instead of adding it via parsys (which is done in the Geometrixx example, for instance). However, by including it with Sightly, no "comments" node was created below the content node of the page which is supposed to include the comments component. So I included the "comments" node as part of a parsys in the corresponding template. Have a look at this helpful explanation at SO for some details:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22392147/cq5-preload-a-parsys-with-components#answers-header

Level 10

thanks for posting the solution. 

Level 2

Hi,

I'm also using the same OOB Comment component in AEM 6.1. I have a question, Can anonymous user can post the comment. As I'm facing the this issue, and logged in is required to post a comment.