Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

com.day.crx.security.ldap.LDAPRepositoryException

Former Community Member

Hi,

We are getting the below exception sometimes when the code is tested under heavy load. We create users in LDAP and then sync them to CQ using their credentials in ldap 

at the time or repository.login(SimpleCredential(username, passwordArray)) . We get the exception. This does not happen under normal load when we do our user create request in a loop or with any load testing tool this happens once in a while. How can we mitigate it. Any help is appreciated.

I tried looking for com.day.crx.security.ldap.LDAPRepositoryException (Jar or source code) and could not find any references anywhere. 

om.day.crx.security.ldap.principals.LDAPPrincipalProvider Error finding user hR8PzAzDpxXB7nKrcc com.day.crx.security.ldap.LDAPRepositoryException: LDAP error: com.day.ldap.LDAPException: Time to complete operation exceeded (85); Client Timelimit exceeded

at com.day.crx.security.ldap.principals.LDAPPrincipalProvider.findUser(LDAPPrincipalProvider.java:389)
    at com.day.crx.security.ldap.LDAPLoginModule.getPrincipal(LDAPLoginModule.java:507)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.authentication.AbstractLoginModule.login(AbstractLoginModule.java:319)
    at com.day.crx.security.ldap.LDAPLoginModule.login(LDAPLoginModule.java:234)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor200.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:784)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:203)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:698)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:696)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokePriv(LoginContext.java:695)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:594)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.authentication.JAASAuthContext.login(JAASAuthContext.java:60)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.login(RepositoryImpl.java:1465)
    at com.day.crx.mount.virtual.VirtualRepository$1.call(VirtualRepository.java:107)
    at com.day.crx.mount.Util.callWithContextClassLoader(Util.java:123)
    at com.day.crx.mount.virtual.VirtualRepository.login(VirtualRepository.java:105)
    at com.day.crx.sling.server.impl.SlingRepositoryWrapper.login(SlingRepositoryWrapper.java:127)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kumar lal,

Error indicates is not getting a response from the LDAP server after a long period of time. Could you try to increase the searchTimeout to see if that help. The default searchTimeout is 60000 (60 seconds)

Thanks,
Sham
 Tweet: @adobe_sham

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kumar lal,

Error indicates is not getting a response from the LDAP server after a long period of time. Could you try to increase the searchTimeout to see if that help. The default searchTimeout is 60000 (60 seconds)

Thanks,
Sham

Former Community Member

Sham HC wrote...

Hi Kumar lal,

Thanks,
Sham

Thanks Sham for your reply.

Where can i increase this time? Also, isn't 60 seconds good enough. I could not find the place where i should do it.

Thanks.

Level 10

kumarlal123 wrote...

Where can i increase this time? 

In ldap_login.conf the parameter name is "searchTimeout"