Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReplicatorImpl Replication triggered, but no agent found or selected

Level 1

Hello,

I am running CQ 5.6. For some reason component changes does not get replicated to publish. When in am trying to activate /apps/zzzz I am getting error in logs:

21.08.2013 16:38:10.600 *INFO* [87.110.178.218 [1377103088234] POST /etc/replication/treeactivation.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReplicatorImpl Replication triggered, but no agent found or selected.

I am however able to activate and replicate changes under /content/zzzz (Default Agent picks up the changes).

What could be cause of this? How I can troubleshoot the error? Where is config of which Activated changes should be picked up by which agent?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Rihards Freimanis wrote...

Chris,

Weird enough. I had "On Modification" and "On Distribute" checked. After un-checking of these options default agent picked up changes when I activated /apps/zzzz... So it somewhat solves the issue probably except that now normal content page edits are not picked up automatically probably :))

Rihards

That does sound weird!  It might be worth opening a daycare ticket with the support team to get clarification on if there is some reasoning behind that or if it's an issue that needs to be fixed.

In the meantime, you could try creating a 2nd agent by copying the default agent and setting the on mod and on dist flags on that.  In theory, that should handle the auto replication of content page edits, while the default agent handles replication triggered from the activate tree.  But this is outside of the realm of something I've tried before, so I can't say for sure it will work like that.

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

Are you using the out of the box Replication Agents as discussed in this AEM topic: http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/replication.html.

Level 2

In general replication is for pages, which in a typical app is what you have under /content, while under /apps you'll have your components, templates, etc.  The typical way to distribute you application is to create a package and deploy the package using package manager (or the maven plugin).  You can replicate a package from author to publish from the package manager interface by clicking on More->Replicate.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Level 10

Here is a community article that talks about packaging up an AEM app (as mentioned in Chris's response) that contains an OSGi bundle:

http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.ca/2012/05/packaging-adobe-cq-55-applications-that.html

Level 1

Chris Trubiani wrote...

In general replication is for pages, which in a typical app is what you have under /content, while under /apps you'll have your components, templates, etc.  The typical way to distribute you application is to create a package and deploy the package using package manager (or the maven plugin).  You can replicate a package from author to publish from the package manager interface by clicking on More->Replicate.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Chris,

Yes it works via package. It is just a bit of pain when there are a lot of frequent changes... Is it by spec that whatever gets activated under /apps does not get replicated? Or it is by node type?

Rihards

Level 1

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Are you using the out of the box Replication Agents as discussed in this AEM topic: http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/replication.html.

I believe I am. What I have changed is I have disabled "Test and Target (test_and_target)" agent as it was picking up all the changes and I was suspicious that it would mess with default agent. But once disabled I started getting this message in logs...

Level 2

I believe I am. What I have changed is I have disabled "Test and Target (test_and_target)" agent as it was picking up all the changes and I was suspicious that it would mess with default agent. But once disabled I started getting this message in logs...

Out of curiosity did you try re-enabling the test and target agent to see if it started working again?  You shouldn't have to, but worth a try.

You might also want to try disabling the default agent, and then re-enabling it.

Chris

Level 2

Chris,

Yes it works via package. It is just a bit of pain when there are a lot of frequent changes... Is it by spec that whatever gets activated under /apps does not get replicated? Or it is by node type?

Rihards

That's a good question.  It's definitely not how things are normally done, but I just tried it here and it worked fine for me.  There are some restrictions on node types.  In particular, hierarchical node types (sling:folder, nt:folder, etc) are not included in the replication package.  So that might be a problem for you, depending on the nodes in your application, but it wouldn't explain the error you are getting.  Which at the moment, I'm at a loss to explain.  I'd say your default agent is most likely disabled, but as you said you can replicate content from the /content/ tree that can't be the case...

Level 1

Chris,

Weird enough. I had "On Modification" and "On Distribute" checked. After un-checking of these options default agent picked up changes when I activated /apps/zzzz... So it somewhat solves the issue probably except that now normal content page edits are not picked up automatically probably :))

Rihards

Correct answer by
Level 2

Chris,

Rihards

That does sound weird!  It might be worth opening a daycare ticket with the support team to get clarification on if there is some reasoning behind that or if it's an issue that needs to be fixed.

In the meantime, you could try creating a 2nd agent by copying the default agent and setting the on mod and on dist flags on that.  In theory, that should handle the auto replication of content page edits, while the default agent handles replication triggered from the activate tree.  But this is outside of the realm of something I've tried before, so I can't say for sure it will work like that.

Chris