Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Code coverage is always lower in pipeline

Level 3

Hi all.

When I execute the pipeline to deploy my software to DEV and the code scanning step finishes, the porcentage of code coverage is much lower is the pipeline than in my local IDE.

Can anyone explain me where is the difference or what am i missing?

Coverage.png

Pipeline.png

  

I have attached two snapshots, one from pipeline and another from my IDE. Thanks in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @katmandu25 
Could you please download the build logs and check the code coverage?

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Hi Arun.

I have seen the code scanning step log and is full of message of this type

org.sonar.java.se.ExplodedGraphWalker$MaximumStepsReachedException: reached limit of 16000 steps for method init#88 in class OffersAPIModel
    at org.sonar.java.se.ExplodedGraphWalker.throwMaxSteps(ExplodedGraphWalker.java:297)
    at org.sonar.java.se.ExplodedGraphWalker.execute(ExplodedGraphWalker.java:236)
    at org.sonar.java.se.ExplodedGraphWalker.visitMethod(ExplodedGraphWalker.java:209)
    at org.sonar.java.se.ExplodedGraphWalker.visitMethod(ExplodedGraphWalker.java:201)
    at org.sonar.java.se.SymbolicExecutionVisitor.execute(SymbolicExecutionVisitor.java:78)
    at org.sonar.java.se.SymbolicExecutionVisitor.visitNode(SymbolicExecutionVisitor.java:64)
    at org.sonar.java.ast.visitors.SubscriptionVisitor.visit(SubscriptionVisitor.java:95)
    at org.sonar.java.ast.visitors.SubscriptionVisitor.visitChildren(SubscriptionVisitor.java:120)
    at org.sonar.java.ast.visitors.SubscriptionVisitor.visit(SubscriptionVisitor.java:97)
    at org.sonar.java.ast.visitors.SubscriptionVisitor.visitChildren(SubscriptionVisitor.java:120)
    at org.sonar.java.ast.visitors.SubscriptionVisitor.visit(SubscriptionVisitor.java:97)
    at org.sonar.java.ast.visitors.SubscriptionVisitor.scanTree(SubscriptionVisitor.java:78)
    at org.sonar.java.ast.visitors.SubscriptionVisitor.scanFile(SubscriptionVisitor.java:64)
    at org.sonar.java.se.SymbolicExecutionVisitor.scanFile(SymbolicExecutionVisitor.java:54)
    at org.sonar.java.model.VisitorsBridge.runScanner(VisitorsBridge.java:135)
    at org.sonar.java.model.VisitorsBridge.visitFile(VisitorsBridge.java:124)
    at org.sonar.java.ast.JavaAstScanner.simpleScan(JavaAstScanner.java:96)
    at org.sonar.java.ast.JavaAstScanner.scan(JavaAstScanner.java:68)
    at org.sonar.java.JavaSquid.scanSources(JavaSquid.java:116)
    at org.sonar.java.JavaSquid.scan(JavaSquid.java:110)

But I don´t think so it was the problem. I haven´t seen anything important in this log

Thanks in advance.

Level 7

Your IDE will generally only calculate the line coverage but cloud manager also takes into account the conditional coverage to calculate the final value which is generally the reason for difference. 
Formula which they use :

Coverage = (CT + CF + LC)/(2*B + EL)

• CT = Conditions that have been evaluated as true at least once while running unit tests
  • CF = Conditions that have been evaluated as false at least once while running unit tests
  • LC = Covered lines = lines_to_cover - uncovered_lines
  • B = total number of conditions
  • EL = total number of executable lines (lines_to_cover)

Formula Copied from below link
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/usi... 
If you have jacoco configured in your project then you will get better reports when you run the build using maven.

Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

I have configured my Intelliji for using Jacoco, but the numbers are the same, more than forty percent of diference between pipeline and my local IDE

Level 7

Was there no difference at all when you used Jacoco with intelliJ. I personally don't use intellij but can you post what kind of reports are being generated when you use Jacoco ? Is it showing branch coverage ?

Community Advisor

Hi, 

Try to run Jacoco's report and see how much differs from the cloud, I think it is closer than what you could get in your IDE. 

Please check this thread: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/check-junit-coverage-on-ae... 

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

Administrator

@katmandu25 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni