Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Cloud Manager Build Issue - AEM as Cloud Service

Community Advisor

Hello Team,

I have a AEM project built using Archetype 23 and i have defined multiple content packages(ui.apps). i have same OSGI configurations defined in them. As per the earlier versions of AEM, OSGI will pickup based on order of runmodes. But with AEM as cloud, Build pipeline failing in Cloud Manager itself stating that conflict of OSGI configurations.

Where should i set this "'mergeConfigurations' flag to 'true'"?

Error:-

Configuration 'org.apache.sling.commons.log.LogManager.factory.config~test' already defined in Feature Model 'my_packages:aem-program-project.all:slingosgifeature:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT', set the 'mergeConfigurations' flag to 'true' if you want to merge multiple configurations with same PID

@kautuk_sahni @arunpatidar @kaushal_mall 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

There are a couple of issues going on here. 

• There is no “test” runmode in Cloud Service. Looks you have configurations under that runmode. Please read the Cloud Service documentation on which runmodes are supported 
  • This error is shown when you have multiple configs with the exact same PID in your code base and Cloud Service cannot determine which config to apply. Unfortunately, the error is a little misleading because the mergeConfiguration flag cannot be set as it says. 

If you remove your duplicate configs, it should work as expected. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

There are a couple of issues going on here. 

• There is no “test” runmode in Cloud Service. Looks you have configurations under that runmode. Please read the Cloud Service documentation on which runmodes are supported 
  • This error is shown when you have multiple configs with the exact same PID in your code base and Cloud Service cannot determine which config to apply. Unfortunately, the error is a little misleading because the mergeConfiguration flag cannot be set as it says. 

If you remove your duplicate configs, it should work as expected. 

Community Advisor
@kaushal_mall I was able to run after removing duplicates but question is it was never an issue before as OSGI used to decide the priority but not expected to resolve during build time.

Employee
@Shashi_Mulugu this again is a difference that comes with Cloud Service. I highly recommend you watch the adaptTo recordings from last year for the feature model. In the build image step of the pipeline, it is decided which osgi config will be applied to the environment. This is based on the runmodes. If you download the logs for that step from Cloud Manager, you should see the details.

Employee

Hello ,

The build/deploy should work fine if we have only one config per PID across all the runmode configs. Please check by removing duplicate configs.

Regards,

Anubha