Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Clientlibs not loading the fonts when placed in apps

Level 3

We have included the fonts using below syntax

@font-face {

font-family: SlatePro-Bk;

src: url("../css/fonts/SlatePro-Bk.woff") format("woff");

}

Font file is placed in apps/{project-folder}/clientlibs/{client-libraryfolder}/css/fonts/SlatePro-Bk.woff.

Fonts are not loaded it gives 404 error when the clientlib is rendered from apps using allowproxy= true. It is working fine when we move the clientlibraries to /etc/clientlibs.

Is this expected ? If yes, Do we have any other way to include the fonts/images in the clientlibrary?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

No I don't prajwalreddy​. I was trying to get Adobe staff to tell us something useful. But it appears smacdonald2008​ also dodged the question . But if I read https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/clientlibs.html#LocatingaClien... and https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-project-archetype/issues/63#issuecomment-334400884, you should place your font in a "resources" subdirectory.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Level 4

you should ideally 'embed' all clientlibs located under /apps in some parent clientlibs under /etc.

That should solve your problem.

Hope this helps!

Level 4

I guess the real question is where to put assets like your web fonts in AEM 6.4 and above.

/apps has always been blocked by the dispatcher and /etc/clientlibs was not. That is why this construction used to work.

But as /etc becomes a no-go zone, and you have to put your website design in /apps, these resources become unavailable without opening /apps in your dispatcher config. But this is a security issue. You should never open up /apps in your dispatcher configuration.

Is the best action to open a specific part of your /apps structure where these resources are stored, or should we refer to these resources through the proxy servlet /etc.clientlibs?

Level 10

In AEM 6.4 - /etc is not considered best practice. Even when you create a Maven 13 generated project - notice that Clientlibs folder is placed under /apps.

ie -- where QueryJCR64 is under /apps

clientlibs3.png

Level 3

Thanks for response Rima!!

We have currently working with a workaround of having clientlibs in /etc with which it is working fine. However, Adobe suggests to load project specific clientlibs in /apps . So ideally with allowproxy property even there shouldn't be any issue correct. So wanted to check if there is any fix available for this issue.

Level 3

Hi.. do you have any solution to the issue that was mentioned?

Correct answer by
Level 4

No I don't prajwalreddy​. I was trying to get Adobe staff to tell us something useful. But it appears smacdonald2008​ also dodged the question . But if I read https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/clientlibs.html#LocatingaClien... and https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-project-archetype/issues/63#issuecomment-334400884, you should place your font in a "resources" subdirectory.

Level 3

@winsymons - Yes..you got it right if we place the files in resources directory. It is working fine. We also just found it out.

Level 4

But I do think that the sentence "A static resource can only be accessed via the proxy, if it resides below a resource below the client library folder." should be rephrased as "A static resource can only be accessed via the proxy, if it resides below a 'resources' directory below the client library folder." /cc smacdonald2008

Level 3

Hi Wimsymons,

What do you mean by static resource? i'm struck up the same issue where you were. In my case I'm having the below structure,

1) /apps/myapp/clientlibs/samplelibone

2) /apps/myapp/clientlibs/samplelibtwo

under the above two folders i'm having some css & js. So, here I should move the samplelibone & samplelibtwo under resources directory? something like this /apps/myapp/clientlibs/resources/samplelibone? Appreciate your help.

prajwalreddy

Thanks,

Vijay

Level 5

For those who are still wondering. Just place your fonts under resources folder with clientlibs allowed proxy and you should be fine. It works for me. cheers!

Level 1

So for those wondering, a 'resources directory' is just a directory called resources, which sits inside your clientlibs folder along with your /js and /css folders

/apps/my-app/clientlibs/my-app-lib/resources

Tested this on 6.5 and it works. Kinda weird behaviour but OK AEM you do you