Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Classic view dialog box update not showing up

Level 1

In AEM - CQ 5.6.1 I'm having trouble with updating the classic view dialog box. If I add a new widget, panel, etc. to an existing component's dialog box, the changes don't get updated on the pages, where I'm using them.

I tried clearing browser cache, dispatcher cache, reactivated in treeactivation, but still the dialog box remains the same. I tried searching for any solutions, but haven't seen any. Any ideas what I might be missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

We've found the solution:

Each component has a dialog.overlay.infinity.json file that represents the structure of the dialog. AEM uses this json file to create the dialog box.

So basically clearing the dispatcher cache with the /apps/../[component structure]/../dialog.overlay.infinity.json url and clearing the browser cache afterwards resolved the issue and the updated dialog box appears.

Thanks for all the help.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

You are modifying you dialog via adding node in crxde or editing via drag and drop ? ( make sure you save in this case ).

Try to change a simple fieldLabel to ensure that you are working on same dialog you want to change?

Level 1

I'm adding new nodes via crxde (not using using the dialog box editor, I tried that option as well, but didn't help).

I also tried changing an existing widget's property and unfortunately that doesn't update either. 

(Just to note: for local sandbox development, I use cq 6.0 and I don't have the same issue.)

Level 10

There is something wrong with your AEM instance. Have you checked your log files? 

Correct answer by
Level 1

We've found the solution:

Each component has a dialog.overlay.infinity.json file that represents the structure of the dialog. AEM uses this json file to create the dialog box.

So basically clearing the dispatcher cache with the /apps/../[component structure]/../dialog.overlay.infinity.json url and clearing the browser cache afterwards resolved the issue and the updated dialog box appears.

Thanks for all the help.

Level 2

thanks for posting your solution.