Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Classic UI selection/dropdown component field gets auto open

Level 4

Hi Guys,

I have a classic UI component that contains selection xtype (dropdown). I'm using AEM 6.4.3 in my local and the dropdown is working fine. But, In dev/qa/prod whenever we click the edit button, the component dialog gets open and the dropdown field gets open without clicking the dropdown field. In dev/qa/prod I have AEM 6.4.8.

I have compared the network calls with my local and dev/qa/prod instances and I am not seeing any discrepancies. what could be the issue?

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 7.53.58 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-11-15 at 7.55.23 PM.png

Thanks in Advance.

@arunpatidar26 @Vijayalakshmi_S @Ratna_Kumar @kautuk_sahni @VeenaVikraman 

Regards,
Vijay

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @vijays80591732 

Seems your select field is required. Try adding defaultValue property and give a default value, might work.

AG

Level 4
Hi Anudeep. Even, If I select the value already and if I edit the component again the dropdown gets open.

Community Advisor
Is there any functionality for the dropdown apart from loading the dropdown values?

Community Advisor

Hi @vijays80591732,

Can you check the optionsProvider - ExtJS to dynamically list the options of select field.

Can debug from that perspective, compare JS from lower to higher env and look for any console errors if any.