Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

CIF Configuration not available

Level 2

Hello,

I'm an intern and my current task is to setup the CIF addon and the Venia project. While I was able to install both the project and core components, when I try to access Venia store through Commerce icon in AEM I get the following response:

RafaelSp_0-1701231418478.png

I've double checked the installation files regarding author and publish instances, the bundles for the venia project and cif core components are installed and active. I've asked my superior if I needed to have Commerce installed and he gave me no as an answer. He said that I could use/set venia.magento.com as an environment variable and it should work fine. It didn't. I've also tried to follow the steps of this link:

https://www.tothenew.com/blog/install-and-configure-the-cif-add-on-in-aem-to-connect-venia-store/

But was unable to set it up. Do I need to install Adobe Commerce or is it really not necessary? How can I set up my commerce endpoint and environment variable so I'm able to access commerce through AEM? Any hints on where is the problem or how can I look for logs to find the problem?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@RafaelSp we need commerce to be hosted somewhere and provide commerce endpoint details in osgi

Level 2

What do you mean by host commerce? I think what he meant was to use venia.magento.com as a host for commerce, so I've set it up as the commerce endpoint. Did I misunderstood? In order to host it, do I need to install and configure adobe commerce or the CIF add-on is enough?

These are my Commerce endpoint details in osgi:

RafaelSp_0-1701877853139.png

Is it wrong? I'm kind of lost in this task and not receiving the help I should from my work colleagues.