Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Children Sorted page with number

Level 2

Hi All,

I have requirement to display the dynamic number of child page in one component.

Example: parent page -> 4 child page should be sorted on the basis we can assign number 

Page1,page2,page3 and page4

Now I have created one title component with page number and that page number need to display 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Don't use a query for this case, it's definitely easier to collect the direct (!) child pages via the API; a query will consider the complete subtree by default, that could even be grand-children.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

There are several ways to handle this, a few are

1. Using Oak index - Add page number as index/sortable property in oak index. Now to list the child below the parent page, use a query with a sort parameter as the page number.
  2. In your sling model, simply iterate all children below the parent, and create an object list, then leverage Java Comparator [1] to perform sorting in the child object list.

[1] https://www.javatpoint.com/Comparator-interface-in-collection-framework 

Community Advisor

Use indexing to sort page with its number. Add page number of the child pages as sortable indexed property in oak:index. Use a query with a sort parameter as the page number to list the child pages.

Community Advisor

you can simply use query to get sorted results

type=cq:Page 
path=/content/we-retail/us/en 
orderby.sort=desc 
orderby=@jcr:content/pageIndexNumber
p.limit=-1

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Don't use a query for this case, it's definitely easier to collect the direct (!) child pages via the API; a query will consider the complete subtree by default, that could even be grand-children.

Community Advisor

Agree with @Jörg_Hoh 

Don't use query until you are targeting huge tree or subtrees.

For children traversing use resource traversing.

Arun Patidar