Expand my Community achievements bar.

Chart component in AEM 6.2

Level 2

Hi experts,

We have requirement to have a chart component that can provide the below features.

1) Combination chart e.g. Bar with Line graph.

2) Interactive and Drill down on chart data.

Can we achieve this AEM, if yes can you provide some reference.

Thanks

Vinodh

5 Replies

Level 2

Thanks for response hemant, I did go through the Chart component available but it has only one event available i.e visibility and other events like Value Commit, Validate, Enabled, Calculate etc are not available, we are looking for an interactive chart.

Level 10

The powerful thing about AEM is you can build custom services and custom front end components. To build a chart, you are not limited to the OOTB components. THere is a very rich set of CHART JQuery plug-ins that you can use.

For example -- https://canvasjs.com/jquery-charts/

You can build a chart using a JQuery Plug-in. Here is an older HELPX that will give you an idea - Adobe Experience Manager Help | Displaying Adobe Experience Manager Data in a Chart

Level 2

Thanks for the quick response and references, I did go through this and found little old and thought something new should be available by now. Hope to find some New references.  And am not sure if we can we use this JQuery Plug-in provided by canvasjs.com is for free or there is a cost involved?

Level 10

Correct - the artilce for 5.x is still applicable for current version. You should look at using JQuery plug-ins still to build out a chart component to meet your needs. I am sure there are better JQuery plug-ins now vs when that article was written. If I had that requirement - I would start by searching for the available JQuery plug-ins.