Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Changing order of how blog posts appear with AEM journal/blog component

Level 2

I want to be able to change the order of the blog posts created using the AEM journal/blog component. After creating five posts and looking at the generated json, the configuration.sortOrder  is equaled to "REVERSED_ORDER" which makes sense because by default it seems that the most recent posts should appear on the top.

My question is, what file do I update to change "REVERSED_ORDER" to some other value or is there somewhere where I can change the ordering of how my blog posts appear on my page.

I'm using AEM 6.3.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi davidevg09,

Sorting in blogs is not allowed by design[0]. The  configuration.sortOrder is an artifact of super entity. Sorting is allowed in forum(just to give you an example, why is it needed in super entity).

FYI - Any component, where sorting is supported, the settings can be modified in authoring [1].

Hope that helps,

Rahul

[0] - Blog Feature

[1] - Forum Feature (Refer configuring a forum)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi davidevg09,

Sorting in blogs is not allowed by design[0]. The  configuration.sortOrder is an artifact of super entity. Sorting is allowed in forum(just to give you an example, why is it needed in super entity).

FYI - Any component, where sorting is supported, the settings can be modified in authoring [1].

Hope that helps,

Rahul

[0] - Blog Feature

[1] - Forum Feature (Refer configuring a forum)

Level 2

Thank you very much for the reply!