Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Change event for a date time field does not work when used in a multi field

Level 2

Hi All,

I have a multi field which contains a number of fields out of which one is a datetime field which is declared as below

this.dateField = new CQ.Ext.form.DateField({
                width: 300,
                allowBlank: false,
                hideTime:true,
                listeners: {
                    change: {
                        scope:this,
                        fn:this.updateHidden
                    },
                    dialogclose: {
                    scope: this,
                    fn: this.updateHidden
                }
                }
            });

The field renders correctly, however when I try to change the date, the date change does not happen and it retrieves the old date value. This is only happening when I am using the date field. Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Ravi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

What version of CQ are you using -- are you coding your date time field in a custom xtype?

If you create a custom xtype that defines a CQ.Ext.form.DateField -- when you make a change - its handler will be fired. For those reading this thread and wondering how to create an AEM custom xtype -- see:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-custom-xtype.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

What version of CQ are you using -- are you coding your date time field in a custom xtype?

If you create a custom xtype that defines a CQ.Ext.form.DateField -- when you make a change - its handler will be fired. For those reading this thread and wondering how to create an AEM custom xtype -- see:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-custom-xtype.html

Level 2

Hey, 

I am using CQ 5.6 and have tried with the DateField xtype as well but it still does not work. I have used the same procedure that was given in the link to create my custom xtype. However, only difference is that I have tried to place the custom xtype in a multi field.

Also, here are few things that look strange

there is an xtype named datetime, but I do not find the corresponding code for it in CQ. All I can find is the datefield.js which is for the xtype "datefield" .

Thanks,

Ravi

Level 10

I will look into getting a functioning code example for you. I will post an update.