Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Cascade activation of campaign after activation of personalized page

Level 4

Hello.
I have a question about personalization and replication.
Problem is that after activation of personalized page I observe cascading activation of chosen campaign.

Steps that I have made:

1. Go to some page and choose any component with personalization
2. Choose "Target" entry in the configuration menu
3. Choose any campaign from the dropdown in the personalization dialog
4. Enable some segments and make some changes in component's content for every chosen segment
5. Go to the child page under page from the step "1" and repeat steps 1-4 for child page
6. Go to siteadmin and choose parent page and activate it
7. Observe the dialog (with references) with campaign entry (campaign that was chosen in step "3")
8. Check the checkbox near the campaign and push "OK"

After activation of parent page I observe that chosen campaign is also activated with all segments and elements.
In other words, all campaign's subtree in "Campaigns" folder is activated even those branches that weren't chosen during configuration.

Is that behaviour is normal?

P.S. I checked this on "Geometrixx" app on fresh AEM instance whith installed SP2.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Alex,

It should activate only those resources used in the page which is activated. However,

If you are activating a parent page which contains the childpages and if those childpages also contains the campaigns. then it will activate all the resources of the parent and child pages aswell.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Alex,

It should activate only those resources used in the page which is activated. However,

If you are activating a parent page which contains the childpages and if those childpages also contains the campaigns. then it will activate all the resources of the parent and child pages aswell.

Level 4

I've chosen "Summer Sports" campaign and added its segments "Female under 30" and "Female over 30" on both parent and child pages ("/content/geometrixx/en/products" and "/content/geometrixx/en/products/triangle").
And I haven't added third segment "50% Chance" neither on parent page nor on child page.
But this segment was activated anyway.

It looks as that if campaign was checked in Reference dialog the gialog sent request to "/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports.3.json" address
and response contained all subtree structure under "summersports" node so request to "/bin/replicate.json" address was sent with such paremeter:

path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/female-under30
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/female-under30/shirt
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/female-under30/banner
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/female-under30/men_banner
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/female-under30/products_title_1
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/female-under30/triangle_title1
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/female-over30
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/female-over30/banner
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/female-over30/shirt
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/female-over30/men_banner
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/female-over30/products_title_1
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/female-over30/triangle_title1
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/50_percent_chance
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/50_percent_chance/shirt
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports/50_percent_chance/banner
path:/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/summersports
path:/etc/tags/marketing/interest/product
path:/content/geometrixx/en/products

But as I wrote above I haven't added "50% Chance" segment. It happened when I activated "/content/geometrixx/en/products" page.

Is this behaviour correct?

Thanks.

Level 10

If you have selected a folder "Summer Sports" in CampaignPath property when you add a teaser in a page, then everything under that folder will be activated and thats expected.

Level 4

Ok. Thank you.

But another question: What is reason for activation of whole subtree? Is anywhere documentation about this aspect?

The problem in that we have only a big campaign in our application. And even if a few segments are chosen the whole campaign (with other segments and their subnodes) is activated every time. The more settings of personalization on pages, the more subnodes under segments in campaign tree. And that causes a slowdown of performance.

Thanks.