Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cannot start bundle, missing requirement [479.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.day.cq.commons.mail)

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have created a bundle to send email using CQ Mailer, but my bundle cannot start, the error message I have found on the log:

05.05.2016 11:18:43.875 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] ERROR: Error starting inputstream:nypbundle-bundle-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
(org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.dsa.nyp.nypbundle-bundle [479]: Unable to resolve 479.0:
missing requirement [479.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.day.cq.commons.mail))
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.dsa.nyp.
nypbundle-bundle [479]: Unable to resolve 479.0: missing requirement [479.0] osg
i.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.day.cq.commons.mail)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:4095)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2114)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1368)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:308)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I have checked this CQ common bundle, it is started and activate. May I know what could be the cause of this error? 

I am using AEM 6.1 Service Pack 1.

Thanks.

7 Replies

Level 10

I have created a bundle to send email using CQ Mailer

Send me source files for the OSGi bundle at scottm@adobe.com. I need to look at this code to identify what is wrong - you are missing something - either a wrong depedencies or outdates API call.

Level 10

what is the version you have mentioned in you pom.xml ?

Former Community Member
Here are the dependencies I have used in the pom file. <dependencies> <dependency> <groupId>org.osgi</groupId> <artifactId>org.osgi.compendium</artifactId> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.osgi</groupId> <artifactId>org.osgi.core</artifactId> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId> <artifactId>org.apache.felix.scr.annotations</artifactId> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>biz.aQute</groupId> <artifactId>bndlib</artifactId> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId> <artifactId>slf4j-api</artifactId> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>junit</groupId> <artifactId>junit</artifactId> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId> <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>javax.jcr</groupId> <artifactId>jcr</artifactId> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId> <artifactId>org.apache.sling.api</artifactId> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId> <artifactId>org.apache.sling.jcr.api</artifactId> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId> <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId> <version>2.5</version> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.day.cq</groupId> <artifactId>cq-mailer</artifactId> <version>5.6.4</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>javax.mail</groupId> <artifactId>mail</artifactId> <version>1.4.1</version> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId> <artifactId>commons-email</artifactId> <version>1.2</version> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.day.cq</groupId> <artifactId>cq-commons</artifactId> <version>5.6.4</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> </dependencies>

Level 10

I got your bundle into Active State - I sent you the code via email:

Hope this helps

Former Community Member
Hi Scott,

I think there are still have problem on this bundle. Here is the scenario I have tried on my AEM 6.1 Service Pack 1.

1) Install a clean AEM 6.1
2) Install Service Pack 1
3) Upload the the bundle to install and start the bundle, it works fine now.
4) Upload the same bundle again, then start the bundle, still ok.
5) Shutdown the server, and restart it. I will see the error on the console:

06.05.2016 13:41:36.960 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] ERROR: Error starting inputstr
eam:fcibasics-bundle-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unres
olved constraint in bundle com.fci.amphenol.fcibasics-bundle [470]: Unable to re
solve 470.1: missing requirement [470.1] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.pac
kage=com.day.cq.commons.mail)(version>=5.6.0)(!(version>=6.0.0))))
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.fci.amph
enol.fcibasics-bundle [470]: Unable to resolve 470.1: missing requirement [470.1
] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.day.cq.commons.mail)(version>=
5.6.0)(!(version>=6.0.0)))
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:409
5)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2114)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1368)

at org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStart
LevelImpl.java:308)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

6) There will be no way to start that bundle anymore...

Just remove the version and just say <scope>provided</scope>. See if this helps !

1. <dependency>
  2. <groupId>com.day.cq</groupId>
  3. <artifactId>cq-commons</artifactId>
  4. <scope>provided</scope>
  5. </dependency>

Former Community Member

bsloki wrote...

Just remove the version and just say <scope>provided</scope>. See if this helps !

1. <dependency>
  2. <groupId>com.day.cq</groupId>
  3. <artifactId>cq-commons</artifactId>
  4. <scope>provided</scope>
  5. </dependency>

Sorry, the version cannot be removed, the maven build will fail if I remove it.