Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Cannot get VideoProfile on publish server

Level 2

We have the following js code to generate a component with a video (inspired by foundation/components/video/source.jsp)

VideoProfile = com.day.cq.dam.video.VideoProfile,

for (var i=0;i<videoProfiles.length;i++){

var vf = VideoProfile.get(resolver, videoProfiles[i]);

On the publish server, the returned videoProfile (vf) is always null, except if I login as admin. I assume this is some permission issue, maybe on /etc/dam/video.

What are the expected permissions on a publish server? What should I do so that an anonymous user can see the video?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Restoring the "rep:policy" node and giving read permission to "everyone" on /etc/dam/video fixes my issue

smacdonald2008 Veena_07 Thanks for the support.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

What is the permission of the video. Can you play the video on a publish page if you use the ootb video component.

Community Advisor

Since you see the video when logged in as admin , this is clearly permission issue.

One question , - Why do you need to keep a DAM asset under ETC ? by default, anonymous users are not given permission to most of items under etc except your project designs . Any digital asset should be managed under /content/dam . If not for any particular reason,may be you can move the videos to DAM. Else , you need to provide permission to anonymous users to that folder to access the assets kept under /etc/dam

Thanks

Veena

Level 2

We keep the assets in /content/dam, but the list of the video profiles is in /etc/dam/video

To mimic the behaviour in foundation/components/video/source.jsp, we try to read the VideoProfile, then use videoProfile.getRendition(...) and videoProfile.getHtmlSource(...) to generate the HTML5 <source/> tag.

Level 2

The default component doesn't work (NullPointerException in flash.jsp, probably caused by the same permission issue).

There currently are no specific permission on /etc/dam/video on our publish server. I checked a fresh publish server, there is a read permission for "everyone".

For information, I previously removed the rep:policy node in /etc/dam/video to fix that other issue. I guess that's the cause of my video issue on the publish server, I'll restore the node on the publish server.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Restoring the "rep:policy" node and giving read permission to "everyone" on /etc/dam/video fixes my issue

smacdonald2008 Veena_07 Thanks for the support.