Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Cannot find my components in touch ui sideline.

Level 3

I've created a component group with some components and created one page template with a parsys which should display all components in side line.

For this I created a basePage template and created /etc/designs/myproject/jcr:content/basePage with a parsys inside it as shown in diagram,I added all required component groups in that parsys node as property "components". This way I was able to see all my component groups in sidekick of classic UI but in case of touch UI I was unable to see anything in pop up window after clickin on parsys. While my component groups & components were listed under sideline of touch UI but not on the pop up window after clicking on parsys.

4 Replies

Level 10

1. Go to Design Mode from top-right menu.

2. Add component group in parsys

Level 8

I believe there is a caching issue in the Touch UI that prevents new components from showing up.  I see this issue very frequently, and it's rather annoying.  Easiest way to solve is to shut down your instance and restart it - at least until Adobe releases a fix.

Level 10

Right, 

AFA touch ui is concern, cache issue creates problem, but sometime going to classic UI and including component there and then coming back to touch ui does solve the problem.

Thanks

Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this old forum post:- 

Link:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

//

Please follow the steps mentioned below :-

By default, the sidekick doesn’t display the newly created components. You need to enable them explicitly in a CQ author instance.

1. Create the component.
  2. Using SiteAdmin, open the page that you want to edit in the Author instance.
  3. From the sidekick, click the Design tab.
  4. In the Design of Paragraph tab that appears, click Edit.

design

5. Find the component based on the ComponentGroup property you defined and enable it.
    design_par

This is how you can add the components.

Link:- http://blogs.adobe.com/sunil/2013/06/05/displaying-the-newly-created-component-in-the-sidekick-of-ad...

//

Each CQ5 template has a different set of components that can be defined to be available for use. This allows you to control what the authors will be allowed to use, and it makes it easier for them, because they will only see the relevant components, instead of the tons of components CQ5 offers.

When looking at a page, you can switch to something called the "design" mode (as opposed to the "edit" or "preview" modes where you spend most of your time authoring the page). This design mode allows to define the per-template specific settings. It is accessed through the yellow ruler icon on the very bottom of the sidekick.

When in design mode, click on the "Edit" button that is on the blue toolbar called "Design of par", there you'll be able to enable the components you want to be able to use.

When you'll be building components, keep in mind that the design mode and the corresponding design dialogs of the components is a convenient way to define global per-template settings that you don't want to be required to be set specifically on each component instance.

And

As mentioned by Lee that there seems to be caching issue with Touch UI, try to restart the instance else adding component in classic UI could be use as workaround.

I hope this would be helpful to you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni