Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Cannot add permissions to the created user

Level 4

I was following the tutorial:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Querying Adobe Experience Manager 6 data using the Sling getServiceR...

and was trying to create the user named 'data' as mentioned in the tutorial but the main issue is I am not able to give permissions as mentioned in the tutorial since the permission tab does not contain any of the data inside the repository. Attaching the images from the tutorial and my issue below.

user.png

user2.png

Please assist and Thanks in Advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Based on your screen shot, I dont think you have opened the user you want to configure the permissions.

As per the steps in the link you have referred, if you follow below step, you should be able to provide the right permissions

5. Select the data user. - MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE CLICK ON THE USER 'DATA' YOU HAVE CREATED

6. From the right-hand pane, select the Permissions tab.

7. Expand the content tab and then select the customers row.

8. Click all the checkboxes that represent the permissions.

9. Click the Save button located in the top menu bar (located above the Path heading).

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Double-click on the user in left pane then you would be able to see the permissions for that specific user.

Administrator

Please have a look at this documentation: User Administration and Security Follow the steps mentioned here.

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 10

Based on your screen shot, I dont think you have opened the user you want to configure the permissions.

As per the steps in the link you have referred, if you follow below step, you should be able to provide the right permissions

5. Select the data user. - MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE CLICK ON THE USER 'DATA' YOU HAVE CREATED

6. From the right-hand pane, select the Permissions tab.

7. Expand the content tab and then select the customers row.

8. Click all the checkboxes that represent the permissions.

9. Click the Save button located in the top menu bar (located above the Path heading).