Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

cannot access components (/system/console/components)

Level 2

On the publish instance, this gives null pointer.

08.12.2016 13:47:11.242 *WARN* [qtp615837499-242621] org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler /system/console/components

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Critical for us to figure out. Nothing else in the logs.

One of our components is stopped (i believe the workflowlauncher). Is there another way to start it manually? I've already restarted CQ instance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this similar forum post:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

// 

Tailing the error.log, I stopped the "org.apache.felix.webconsole.plugins.ds" bundle, then restarted it. It threw the following notice (note it's an INFO log, not a WARN or ERROR)

After uninstalling that offending bundle "aem-sightly-ide-api", and restarted the "org.apache.felix.webconsole.plugins.ds" bundle, things worked as expected (and the bundle I deleted was re-installed, apparently via the "org.apache.felix.webconsole.plugins.ds" bundle startup.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Is there a complete stacktrace following this single line? I would assume, that Jetty always prints the complete stacktrace when the request handler throws an uncaught exception.

Jörg

Level 2

Nope no other log at all. Is there any other log I should look for? Typically, what's the reasn for this to happen

Employee

What version of AEM is this and what does the workflow launcher do? What events is it looking for and what is the purpose of the workflow?

Regards,

Opkar

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this similar forum post:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

// 

Tailing the error.log, I stopped the "org.apache.felix.webconsole.plugins.ds" bundle, then restarted it. It threw the following notice (note it's an INFO log, not a WARN or ERROR)

After uninstalling that offending bundle "aem-sightly-ide-api", and restarted the "org.apache.felix.webconsole.plugins.ds" bundle, things worked as expected (and the bundle I deleted was re-installed, apparently via the "org.apache.felix.webconsole.plugins.ds" bundle startup.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni