Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can you use segments on Pages outside a Campaign?

Level 1

Specifically - if I configure a Segment from data in the ClientContext, can I apply the Segment to a Page outside a Campaign?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

We are going to release an article on this end to end use case very shortly.  How you use campaigns, segments and teasers for a personalized experience will become very clear. See:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/personal.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

No, you cannot use segments without a campaign or a teaser

Level 10

Can you elaborate more with geometrixx example what you are exactly looking?

Level 1

Well in Geometrix Campaign I can assign a Segment to a Teaser or asset but I cannot do this when the Pages are outside the campaign.

[img]Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 11.04.05 AM.png[/img]

[img]Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 11.07.22 AM.png[/img]

Correct answer by
Level 10

We are going to release an article on this end to end use case very shortly.  How you use campaigns, segments and teasers for a personalized experience will become very clear. See:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/personal.html

Level 8

I don't know why you would want to assign a segment to a page, but segments are used for targeting, so within a page you can target a component but you cannot target the page itself.  If you setup a campaign, whenever you associate a segmentation rule to that campaign when targeting content, you'll notice under Campaigns that a node is created that represents the targeted content (under your selected campaign) - the only content that would live under the actual content structure is the default content.