Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can we use the Archetype 22 for AEM version 6.4.2?

Level 3

Currently, we are in 6.4.2, and we are adding a new repo to the instance. We are planning for the AEM instance upgrade to 6.4.6 or .8 in the future( not yet decided for timeline). After building the project, we intended to all core components( because every archetype tied with diff versions- archetype 22 comes with 2.7.0 and my env using 2.5.0) dependencies from the code.

when i compare 2 pom.xml's, archetype 22 is creating extra all folder in the structure and below are the few differences present in remaining pom.xml files-

<plugin>
<groupId>biz.aQute.bnd</groupId>
<artifactId>bnd-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>${bnd.version}</version>
</plugin>

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
<artifactId>org.apache.sling.caconfig.bnd-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.0.2</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

<dependency>
<groupId>javax.annotation</groupId>
<artifactId>javax.annotation-api</artifactId>
</dependency>

Can we use archetype 22?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @ramaem12

The Maven Archetype version has very little to do with the AEM version. The only critical elements are:

Here are the requirements for the 22 version:

Requirements

The latest version of the archetype has the following requirements:

• Adobe Experience Manager 6.3.3.0 or higher
  • Apache Maven (3.3.9 or newer)
  • Adobe Public Maven Repository in maven settings, see Knowledge Base article for details.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @ramaem12

The Maven Archetype version has very little to do with the AEM version. The only critical elements are:

Here are the requirements for the 22 version:

Requirements

The latest version of the archetype has the following requirements:

• Adobe Experience Manager 6.3.3.0 or higher
  • Apache Maven (3.3.9 or newer)
  • Adobe Public Maven Repository in maven settings, see Knowledge Base article for details.

Employee

To be on the safe side you can see a list of supported AEM versions of historical archetype versions:

https://github.com/adobe/aem-project-archetype/blob/master/VERSIONS.md

Level 3
Thanks for the link but if i am not using core components from code base, can i use the archetype 22?

Employee
Per the shared doc archetype 22 is supported in AEM 6.4 so I do not see why you can not use it ...