Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Can we use Proxy components on pages created using static templates

Level 2

Hi All,

As part of a POC of AEM Core components, I came across documents stating that we cannot directly use the AEM Core components on static templates and should use editable templates.
However, can we use the the proxy components created using these AEM Core components on static templates?
Are there any specific list core components that use responsivegrid as their base component?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@H_Malhotra no all the core components irrespective of proxy or direct references can't be used in static templates they are built for editable templates.

May I know the use case behind using static templates? Why can't you upgrade to editable templates to leverage best use of latest aem features (core components, style systems, responsive pages, etc)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@H_Malhotra no all the core components irrespective of proxy or direct references can't be used in static templates they are built for editable templates.

May I know the use case behind using static templates? Why can't you upgrade to editable templates to leverage best use of latest aem features (core components, style systems, responsive pages, etc)

Administrator

@H_Malhotra Did you find the suggestions from Shashi helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni