Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can we use JCR to store files?

Level 2

I am trying to understand if there is a way to store pdf and XML files on Adobe experience cloud - AEM sites.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@AEMexplorer  Yes you can use. Like you can store the XML product data in the jcr nodes and do a query to retrive the data. 

If you are having huge data i prefer you to go for below two options

1. Put the data in an structured way so that it would be easy to query and get the resutls.

2. You can also use solr to index the data and then query on solr to retrive the results.

And also for pdf files you can use DAM and solr options works fine here as well

Level 2

Thanks for your reply!

But I am looking for a file storage option. I don't need to read data from the files.

Community Advisor

Hi @AEMexplorer,

Yes, you can store both XML and PDF binary/files in AEM as a Cloud Service. Please find complete list of all supported files types/formats under:

Above page provides also information/details about support for rendition generation, metadata extraction etc in context of files/assets that can be stored in AEM DAM.

Level 2

Is there any such option in AEM sites to be specific? As we have only license with AEM sites.

Community Advisor

According to product description, and other Adobe documentation it looks that AEM Sites includes DAM as well:

So, the list of supported file types/formats from my previews post is relevant for AEM Sites as well. But if you still have some doubts, I would recommend to contact Adobe Customer Success Engineer, that is assigned to your company - he/she will be the best person to provide all information you need in terms of AEM available functionalities base on purchased license/contract type.

Level 2

Thanks, I verified there is DAM. I was able to upload pdf and XML files into it.

Can you please tell me if DAM is PII and PHI compliant?

Community Advisor

Its best practice to store digital assets inside of the AEM DAM /assets.html/content/dam, as you can set up a strategy for user permissions and rights to these resources.