Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can we use Content Fragments only to build complete mobile app content

Level 4

Hi All,

I have been wondering , As per documentation CF models and Content Fragments and GraphQL based approach is used for a headless use case.

My query is if we have to build the data of complete mobile app which has some landing pages and then details pages with complex design. Is it recommended to go via complete Content Fragment route as what I feel , it becomes too much of authoring effort to build complex nested content  fragment models . Where we have to nest one content fragment into another.

Also how to manage huge number of content fragments in the DAM hierarchy as it becomes difficult as the application data grows. Also CF models do not have very robust mechanism to add custom validations etc. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@tnik 

The headless AEM can be used to build content for Mobile App.

For designing content fragment models, I had collected few guidelines at: https://techrevel.blog/2023/10/04/content-fragment-models-and-graphql-queries-for-aem-headless-imple...

It also suggests how hierarchies can drive the performance of GraphQL queries.

The Nested CFM help us create reuable content and also allow to create granular GraphQL queries.

In AEM UI, you can navigate from one CF to another linked CF.

aanchalsikka_0-1698554392672.png

There is a separate Content Fragment console to assist further https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/content-fragments-console/overview....

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@tnik 

The headless AEM can be used to build content for Mobile App.

For designing content fragment models, I had collected few guidelines at: https://techrevel.blog/2023/10/04/content-fragment-models-and-graphql-queries-for-aem-headless-imple...

It also suggests how hierarchies can drive the performance of GraphQL queries.

The Nested CFM help us create reuable content and also allow to create granular GraphQL queries.

In AEM UI, you can navigate from one CF to another linked CF.

aanchalsikka_0-1698554392672.png

There is a separate Content Fragment console to assist further https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/content-fragments-console/overview....

Aanchal Sikka

Level 4

Hi @aanchal-sikka ,

Thanks for your reply. I understand we can use nested CF models and make use of CF console , but if the Content of the app is significant then how should we model the DAM hierarchy for storing the CF's as this is not WYSIWYG use case. Any recommendation around that? 

I have this doubt as the number of CF will become huge and difficult to manage if its a big app.

Community Advisor

Hello @tnik 

Concerning CFM Design and Hierarchy:

1. Ensure that the CFM design aligns with GraphQL queries in terms of relationships for efficient data retrieval.

2. Optimize content fragment models: An excess of content fragments sharing the same model can strain GraphQL list queries.

Regarding GraphQL Performance:

1. To enhance GraphQL performance, Adobe recommends the utilization of hybrid filtering, pagination, and similar techniques.

2. The implementation of a path-based configuration for content fragments is imperative for enhancing the efficiency of GraphQL queries.

3. Consider caching results on dispatcher and CDN. This would reduce the load on AEM

Details are covered in the link I had shared earlier.

Over recent releases, Adobe has consistently enhanced the headless architecture to cater to both adaptability and performance. Especially AEMaaCS should be able to scale better. It is advisable to contact Adobe to access more comprehensive performance benchmarks.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 4

Hi @aanchal-sikka ,

Do you know which release version of AEMaaCS has the Content Fragment console integrated , We are on AEMaaCS but could not find CF console on SDK or Cloud environment.

Thanks,

Level 4

@aanchal-sikka -I got this information. it is only available in cloud env and not in SDK in my case. Thanks for your response on this thread