Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can we upload files outside /content/dam?

Level 2

Can we create/upload files in any default/custom folder in /content like in -

/content/rep:policy
/content/campaigns
/content/projects
/content/experience-fragments
/content/cq:tags
/content/usergenerated
/content/core-components-examples
/content/launches
/content/communities
/content/sites
/content/forms
/content/catalogs
/content/screens
/content/community
/content/community-components ?
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

You can create nodes everywhere in the reporsitory. Exceptions are the bin folder under root and some other folders (see in CRX, some folder names have got a gray color).

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

At least you should avoid paths "content/cq:tags" and "content/rep:policy". The last one contains the previliges for your content structure. What is your use case to store files outside from dam folder?

Level 2

Okay. I don't have any use case to create it outside dam but I trying to make sure to check if it's restricted.

Correct answer by
Level 7

You can create nodes everywhere in the reporsitory. Exceptions are the bin folder under root and some other folders (see in CRX, some folder names have got a gray color).

Community Advisor

technically, you can create any node inside any parent node if parent node allows that.

To know which child nodes allow by a parent you should check .cnd files in your Repository.

Arun Patidar