Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can we add or customize Lock/Unlock Feature in Search tab in Siteadmin

Level 2

Hi,

I'm using AEM 6.1 and we have a requirement to lock the pages which come after the search result. In the search tab, we will search the text and it will show the result pages related to it. I have to lock/unlock these pages. Currently, in AEM 6.1 we don't have these feature. Is there any way I can customize or add these feature same as we have in our website tab.

Currently, in AEM 6.1 we don't have these feature in search tab but we have the lock/unlock feature in website tab for pages.

Is there any way I can customize or add these feature same as we have in our website tab.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Prajwal,

There is no need to restart any service.This is working as expected at my end.

Just you need to change the context property by adding the "toolbar".

Please find the attached screenshot.

lock_unlock1.PNG

Thanks,

Techaspect Solutions.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 7

Hi prajwal008,

Generally to lock/unlock a page we need to open a page and go to the page properties and lock/unlock it.

But as you mentioned-"in AEM 6.1 we don't have these feature in search tab but we have the lock/unlock feature in website tab for pages".

I didn't find the lock page functionality on website tab.

Can you please give more details on it.

Thanks,

Techaspect Solutions.

Level 2

Hi,

In Siteadmin, we have website and search tab. In website tab when we select a page we can see the lock/unlock link beside workflow in the menu bar. But when we search a text and page result shows and we click on a page there is no lock/unlock link present on the menu bar. I'm trying to customize or add the lock/unlock feature present on website tab to search tab.

I hope I have cleared your doubt.

Thanks,

Prajwal A

Level 7

Hi Prajwal,

I got your issue.

Please navigate to "/libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/tabs/searchpanel/actions/lock".

Update "context" property by adding "toolbar" to it.

lock_unlock.PNG

Thanks,

Techaspect Solutions.

Level 2

Hi,

I tried your solution but it didn't workout.

See the below Screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Do we have to do anything else?

Thanks,

Prajwal A

Level 2

Hi,

I have tried changing the text value of 2-3 links but nothing is showing up in the toolbar. I have verified that I have access to that node in useradmin.

Do we have to restart any service to make this changes take effect?

Thanks,

Prajwal A

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Prajwal,

There is no need to restart any service.This is working as expected at my end.

Just you need to change the context property by adding the "toolbar".

lock_unlock1.PNG

Thanks,

Techaspect Solutions.

Level 5

Hi Prajwal,

Please verify if you are updating at correct location:

/libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/tabs/searchpanel/actions/lock

/libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/tabs/searchpanel/actions/unlock

I think you can also create same node structure in apps and add the toolbar property there.(unverified)

Level 2

Hi,

PFB the SS of the configuration I have in my AEM at the location - /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/tabs/searchpanel/actions/lock

Capture1.PNG

Please verify if it is correct. I have also verified that I had full access to this node to make changes.

Thanks,

Prajwal A

Level 5

Is it not working for you yet ?

Level 2

No, it is not yet working for me.

Level 2

Hi,

Do you have any idea, if there is any listener written to show/hide the text value in the toolbar?

I tried copying existing value /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/tabs/searchpanel/actions/activate and paste under same node with /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/tabs/searchpanel/actions/lock1.

I rename 'activate' to 'lock1'. But this new node is also now showing.

Thanks,

Prajwal A