Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can Target Standard be integrated with AEM or not?

Level 2

Hi all

We have a Target Standard solution which we want to integrate with our AEM platform (currently 5.6.1 but upgrade to 6.1 in progress).

Looking at the documentation it seems to be straight forward (https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/integration/marketing-cloud/target.html#Creating%2...) but I have just been in dialogue with an Adobe consultant who told me the following:

- The setup described in the documentation is only for Target Classic which is now replaced by Standard. Thereby the steps explained in the documentation is not valid anymore - something about Standard not using "Client Code" etc anymore.

Can this really be true?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi

Thank you for the answer. I have forwarded this thread to our Target consultant. Hopefully he will know where to optain the Client ID, username and password.

Sorry to say - but that is often not easy to get this kind of "account information" from Adobe :)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Apologies for the confusion. AEM 6.1 (and all AEM versions – but we only really recommend integrating with 6.1)  integrate in to the “platform” – which is Classic.  You need to have a Target Classic user/pass on an account for it to work with AEM. Since behind every Target Standard instance there seems to be a Classic instance, that in itself should not be an issue. From my experience, every Standard customer still has a client ID and you can use the integration, whether they use the Classic Workflow or not.

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi

Thank you for the answer. I have forwarded this thread to our Target consultant. Hopefully he will know where to optain the Client ID, username and password.

Sorry to say - but that is often not easy to get this kind of "account information" from Adobe :)