Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can't register an Android device on AEM Screens

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to setup and register an Android device with AEM screens but can't get it done. I am using OOTB geometrixx screens project setup and have my Tablet running Android. I have pointed AEM player to my AEM instance running AEM screens. I can see my device listed under pending devices, i click Validate button and goto metadata step. Here i provide a name "My Test Name" in Title filed and click on Register, i get an error and device fails to register. On the UI, i see an error "ParseError: Unexpected end of Input JSON". I check the error in developer console, there is a request to content/screens/svc/registration resource but the response is an empty JSON. I then checked AEM logs and can see the following exception

15.02.2017 05:57:57.650 *ERROR* [202.166.132.190 [1487167077627] POST /content/screens/svc/registration HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.screens.device.registration.impl.RegistrationServlet Error during device registration javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: Password violates password constraint (^(?=.*\d).{7,9}$). at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.user.action.PasswordValidationAction.validatePassword(PasswordValidationAction.java:105) at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.user.action.PasswordValidationAction.onPasswordChange(PasswordValidationAction.java:76) at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.security.user.UserManagerImpl.onPasswordChange(UserManagerImpl.java:312) at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.security.user.UserImpl.changePassword(UserImpl.java:111) at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.UserDelegator$5.performVoid(UserDelegator.java:114) at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate.performVoid(SessionDelegate.java:274) at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.UserDelegator.changePassword(UserDelegator.java:111) at com.adobe.cq.screens.device.impl.DeviceService.setPassword(DeviceService.java:312) at com.adobe.cq.screens.device.impl.DeviceManagerImpl.updatePassword(DeviceManagerImpl.java:66) at com.adobe.cq.screens.device.registration.impl.RegistrationServlet.doPost(RegistrationServlet.java:118) at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingAllMethodsServlet.java:149) at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:345) at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:376)

Can somebody let me know what is going on here and what password is being referred here.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

If online, check your X-Frame-Options headers since the player makes use of an iframe to pull the content from the server.

If offline, make sure you have updated the cache of the channel (needs to be done at least once) and also make sure that there is no network issue preventing you from downloading the content sync zip package.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 2
Yes I did. That is why I am surprised why this issue is not listed anywhere.

Level 2

Hi,

Any one from product team here. Can you help?

Administrator

The reply from the experts are:-

Most likely your instance has password restrictions configured ( During the registration process, a unique user and password combination is generated for the device so it can authenticate against the server. That password generation uses algorithm that might not be compatible with password constraints set on the server.). This is currently incompatible with the screens device registration.

You need to disable them in order to be able to register screens devices.

http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr/org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.user.action.De...

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Yes, that helps. Infact i moved both player and AEM instance on the same network and tried. I can now see that device is assigned to the display. I was able to successfully register the device. I can also see heartbeat, preview etc on Device Control manager, however the content is not displaying on the device. Inside the device I can see that it is pinging Ok and Device ID, user, password etc are stored. Uptime is also being displayed, however content is not appearing. What else could be wrong? 

Employee

Are you accessing the channels using online or offline configuration?

Correct answer by
Employee

If online, check your X-Frame-Options headers since the player makes use of an iframe to pull the content from the server.

If offline, make sure you have updated the cache of the channel (needs to be done at least once) and also make sure that there is no network issue preventing you from downloading the content sync zip package.

Level 1

Is this issue resolved ? Even I have same issue. I am using AEM screens player on my android mobile and it connects to my AEM server. Heartbeat, preview everything works fine. I have Device ID, Uptime and Ping OK also displayed. However I still see blank screen. In channel option of my AEM screen player I don't see anything listed. Please help. 

Level 1

I am also facing the exact same issue - Seeing the blank screen on Android screen. Ping is OK and in the Display Dashboard, the stats are fine. but the images in the sequence channel are not visible.  I tried different resolutions as well in the display config, but not working !

Level 1

Issue got resolved when I switched from AEM 6.2 to AEM 6.3 instance. Try using AEM 6.3 for AEM screens application. Hope this helps.

Level 1

Thank you Hari. I am running AEM 6.3 -

Configured Location and then Display and Registered Android Device (Samsung S6) - Matched the display resolution in the config to the actual S6 resolution. but not working.

In the Display Dashboard, I can see the Ping OK, when I see "Preview Display" - it shows the right content on the server, but the actual device is still blank !

Level 1

its resolved, I had to update the Channel Cache... and its working now. .Thanks

Level 2

Thanks, awesome. Very helpful suggestion.