Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

can't log in to local host

Level 3

Hi,

When switching between branches i sometimes get an issue where i cant log in and the styling looks weird:

1813113_pastedImage_0.png

When i click sign in i get this url and this screen:

http://localhost:4502/libs/granite/core/content/login.html/j_security_check

1813114_pastedImage_1.png

When i checkout into the branch that was working before, i get these errors too so it's not a problem with my branch.

In the past i have fixed this issue by deleting the CRX and rebuilding but this can be a massive time sink and it would be great to stop this happening.

I cannot log into CRX i cannot access the sling logs or the config manager.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Karl

9 Replies

Level 3

Thanks for the link but I can't get to any url on except localhost:4502 and localhost:4502/crx/de

when i do try to go to a different url, it just directs me back to the login screen.

Level 10

you mentioned that it happens only when you switch between code branches - can't you revert/fix your code? You probably have a wrong config that overwrites /apps/settings or authentication configs?

Level 3

If i switch back into the branch that i was working on before it still doesn't work again.

So even if it is a config issue, there is something breaking it that is independent of the code i've changed

Level 10

Did you enable LDAP or external login integration or similar feature in the setup where you see this issue? If yes then that could be a pointer to debug further..

Level 3

not as far as i am aware. is there a way to check this?

Level 10

You may check with "LDAP" or "Login" keyword in code/config files in your repo or under /apps/settings or in /system/console/configMgr

Level 3

thanks but there are no entries in the config manage under the LPAD section.