Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Can't install cq5 service on win 2008 server 64 bit

Level 2

I've searched, found a few things but nothing works, please see the attached image of the error when attempting to install.

Note, this worked perfectly on my local machine but it's win 7 64 bit.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

If what you pasted is copied right from the .bat file, then the problem is because you have accidentally combined the line beginning with 'set jvm_options' with the next line.

Insert a new line (press Enter) or two between the '-Xmx1792m' and the '::*--' characters.

Instead of:

set jvm_options=-XX:MaxPermSize=256M;-Xmx1792m::* ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ::* do not configure below this point

you should have this:

set jvm_options=-XX:MaxPermSize=256M;-Xmx1792m ::* ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ::* do not configure below this point

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

It sounds like there may be a typo or similar error in your instsrv.bat file.

Open that file in a text editor and look for the following section:

set jvm_mx=1024m :: default JVM options :: separate multiple entries by ";" or "#" :: if you need these chars put them inside single quotes set jvm_options=-XX:MaxPermSize=256M ::* ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ::* do not configure below this point ::* ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ set main_class=org.apache.sling.launchpad.app.Main set start_param=start#-c#.#-i#launchpad if defined cq_runmode     (set jvm_options=%jvm_options%#-Dsling.run.modes=%cq_runmode%) if defined cq_port  (set start_param=%start_param%#-p#%cq_port%) if defined cq_ctrlport  (set start_param=%start_param%#-j#%cq_ctrlport%) if defined cq_host (set jvm_options=%jvm_options%#-Dorg.apache.felix.http.host=%cq_host%) if defined cq_host (set start_param=%start_param%#-a#%cq_host%) set stop_param=stop

Do you see any obvious differences by comparing the above to your file?

If you spot an error and can't fix it, or you don't see any error, can you paste this section of your .bat file into your next reply?
This will help us identify what the problem may be.

Level 2

Thanks for the reply, I don't see any difference other then the set jvm_options for 64 bit:

set jvm_mx=1024m

:: default JVM options

:: separate multiple entries by ";" or "#"

:: if you need these chars put them inside single quotes

set jvm_options=-XX:MaxPermSize=256M;-Xmx1792m::* ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

::* do not configure below this point

::* ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

set main_class=org.apache.sling.launchpad.app.Main

set start_param=start#-c#.#-i#launchpad

if defined cq_runmode (set jvm_options=%jvm_options%#-Dsling.run.modes=%cq_runmode%)

if defined cq_port (set start_param=%start_param%#-p#%cq_port%)

if defined cq_ctrlport (set start_param=%start_param%#-j#%cq_ctrlport%)

if defined cq_host (set jvm_options=%jvm_options%#-Dorg.apache.felix.http.host=%cq_host%)

if defined cq_host (set start_param=%start_param%#-a#%cq_host%)

set stop_param=stop

Correct answer by
Employee

If what you pasted is copied right from the .bat file, then the problem is because you have accidentally combined the line beginning with 'set jvm_options' with the next line.

Insert a new line (press Enter) or two between the '-Xmx1792m' and the '::*--' characters.

Instead of:

set jvm_options=-XX:MaxPermSize=256M;-Xmx1792m::* ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ::* do not configure below this point

you should have this:

set jvm_options=-XX:MaxPermSize=256M;-Xmx1792m ::* ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ::* do not configure below this point

Level 2

Line break was the problem, I'll be sure to install a decent text editor for future batch file editing... notepad must have fudged it since I did nothing but type the heap adjustment and prunsrv_amd64 inline.

Thanks for your help!

Employee

Glad to hear you got it sorted, Doug. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the future.