Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can't edit any page. AEM trying to load component that no longer exists

Level 1

I can't load any page in the editor. AEM is complaining in my browser console that a component doesn't exist. That component is from a previous AEM installation. Why does my new installation still have a reference to this old component?

granite.js:234 GET http://localhost:4502/content/connectapp/en/DashboardBanner/jcr:content/par/banner.html?forceeditcontext=true&_=1605590388793 404 (Not Found)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Could you please confirm on below-

1. Have u created a copy of ur old server?

2. If not then have u installed any package on vanilla instance

3. If yes then go to content/connectapp/en/DashboardBanner/jcr:content/par/banner. this node and check if its present and there and corresponding references are present?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you try after clearing browser cache or in incognito

Community Advisor

Hi @dds3455 

Though the component doesn't exist, the page you are trying to access might have the reference of the old component. Go to crxde check and try to delete the reference(/content/connectapp/en/DashboardBanner/jcr:content/par/banner) of the component under the page.

AG

Community Advisor

@dds3455 

This happens mainly because of invalid references. There might be a possibility that someone has removed the old component or so.

Please check the error.log and see the root cause issue and try deleting that resource or remove the reference from the page.

This might help you to resolve your issue.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Could you please confirm on below-

1. Have u created a copy of ur old server?

2. If not then have u installed any package on vanilla instance

3. If yes then go to content/connectapp/en/DashboardBanner/jcr:content/par/banner. this node and check if its present and there and corresponding references are present?

Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions. The problem was happening in AEM 6.3. I installed AEM 6.5 and I no longer have the issue.