Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can't change slug for page once page has been created

Level 1

I'm new to authoring in AEM - but for the life of me I can't figure out how to change the slug after I have created a page. For example:

I create a page with a page title of "Activity Sheet" so my url for that page is auto generated as .../activity-sheet. I then want to change that page title and url to "3rd Grade Activity Sheet - so that the url appears .../3rd-grade-activity-sheet. I can change the page title - but the url still remains .../activity-sheet. How do I change this?

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Unfortunatily you can't change the page name from page property unlike title.

Though you can change page name from CRXDE lite, you can locate page under /content/<site-name>/<page-location>

and rename page node and save.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Thanks so much for the answer! How do I get to the CRXDE lite if I'm in a staging environment? I could access it when in the Dev environment, but I don't see it now.

Community Advisor

You can access http://localhost:4502/crx/de/index.jsp#/content

To access CRXDE Lite in staging environment you may need to ask for access. you may not have access there.

you can contact admin to make changes or ask for access.

Thanks

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Thanks so much for all your help!  I think I'll have to ask for permission.

Employee Advisor

if you want to change the name, you need to "move" the page to it's "new location" (basically different name, same folder). Not very intuitive, I know.

Jörg

Level 1

thank you so much man!  That's exactly what I needed.