Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can Scene 7 calculate the width of an image using aspect ratio?

Level 1

I am exporting a particular image from Scene7 media portal. Under the image options i select the convert file option in the conversion. I am presented with the width and height option. I only want to enter height and want Scene 7 to calculate the width of the image based on the aspect ratio and then export the image. How can be this done?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Lijin,

This is not possible with Media Portal export, both a wid and hei must be defined if you are using the convert option.

However, it is possible for the SPS or MP admin to create an Image Preset which can do this - image presets allow setting a zero value for wid or hei and the Image Server can supply the correctly sized output image.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Lijin,

This is not possible with Media Portal export, both a wid and hei must be defined if you are using the convert option.

However, it is possible for the SPS or MP admin to create an Image Preset which can do this - image presets allow setting a zero value for wid or hei and the Image Server can supply the correctly sized output image.