Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can I use more than two AEM cloud SDK for different POCs?

Level 2

Hi!

I am trying to create two different and separate POC for some clients for AEMaaCS using Java 11. For the first POC I just need AEM. For the second one I need AEM + Forms.

I had created separate folders for each of those POCs and the problem I am facing is that if I start one quickstart, work for some time, shut it down and later I try to init the other POC quickstart the second POC fails to init showing the following error message:

"HTTP ERROR 503 AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request."

If I tail the error.log I get the following warn and info messages:

"
18.02.2022 10:38:46.919 *WARN* [sling-default-1-health-com.adobe.granite.queries.impl.hc.QueryLimitsHealthCheck] com.adobe.granite.queries.impl.hc.QueryLimitsHealthCheck Could not retrieve QueryEngineSettings MBean.
18.02.2022 10:38:46.950 *INFO* [sling-default-9-health-com.adobe.granite.queries.impl.hc.QueriesStatusHealthCheck] com.adobe.granite.queries.impl.hc.QueriesStatusHealthCheck Could not retrieve QueryStats MBean.
"

I have tried the steps provided in the following solutions with no success:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/http-error-503-authenticat...
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-restart-issue-authenti...

So my question is. Can I work in two separate POCs with AEMaaCS sdk or this is only possible with the classic 6.5 version?

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @manuel_óscars89 ,

In my opinion, it is possible to use two SDKs.
Since it throws the authentication error, it means that your second POC is failing and crashing the instance.
Try these and check again.

• Just in case, use different ports; as in 4502 for instance and 5502 for other instance, this way you can use both at a time without swtiching them down.
  • Make sure you use the right archetype that is made for JAVA 11 and AEMaaCS.
  • Use the latest versioned SDK

Thank you.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @manuel_óscars89 ,

In my opinion, it is possible to use two SDKs.
Since it throws the authentication error, it means that your second POC is failing and crashing the instance.
Try these and check again.

• Just in case, use different ports; as in 4502 for instance and 5502 for other instance, this way you can use both at a time without swtiching them down.
  • Make sure you use the right archetype that is made for JAVA 11 and AEMaaCS.
  • Use the latest versioned SDK

Thank you.

Level 2

I have decided to select this answer as the correct one as I have tested that I can have multiple AEM on different ports working at the same time.

My problem is still happening from time to time and I have not found what is causing it but anyway, thank you all for your help

Hi everyone!

I managed to boil down my problem to AEM + Adobe Asset Share Commons project for WKND.

Here you can find the issue I opened and what was the underlying cause: https://github.com/adobe/asset-share-commons/issues/702

"

...I think there's an issue with the RepoInit scripts in that, that prevent AEM from starting up (since it re-evals Repo init scripts on startup).

Also, that package includes a version of ASC (v2.1.10) and then you're providing another version (v2.1.12) - which will likely conflict since theyre both full-releases (not SNAPsHOTS) -- so you want to make sure you only install 1 version of ASC at a time."

A big thanks to @davidjgonzalezz for helping me in this one!

Community Advisor

@manuel_óscars89 

On a high level, looks like memory issue. Increase the -Xmx value (CQ_JVM_OPTS in start.bat)

However, I suggest to narrow down the error.log (Including the ones rotated to previous days till you encounter the first message with level ERROR) to arrive at the exact cause in the instance where you have encountered - "HTTP ERROR 503 AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request"  before any further action. 

This answer has being marked as correct by somebody else. I am still trying to figure it out and by no means I consider my problem to be solved. Marking a Community Adisor's answer as correct without checking in is no good practice. The answer marked as correct was given last Friday. Today is Tuesday and somehow you consider that everything has been solved without asking

Community Advisor

@manuel_óscars89 

Could you please let know if you had a chance to check the complete error.log files. If yes, please share the details. 

Hi again,

I can not today but tomorrow morning CET I will reproduce my problem and I will get back to you.

Thanks.

Hi!

I have just reproduced the problem.

My relevant PC stats are the following:

• RAM: 16,0 GB (15,8 GB usable)
  • HD: 73.5 GB of free space
  • Java version: openjdk 11.0.13 2021-10-19
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-11.0.13+8 (build 11.0.13+8)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Temurin-11.0.13+8 (build 11.0.13+8, mixed mode)
  • JDK quickstar version: aem-sdk-quickstart-2022.1.6198.20220113T173638Z-211100.jar (it is not the latest but I have reproduced this error with various SDKs)

Just before starting the author instance the CPU usage was 30% and the memory usage was 46%

The error.log can be downloaded here: https://aura.vilt-group.com/file/sharing/MUSRdLfB3

Here you can find the timestamp for the QueriesStatusHealthCheck messages:

23.02.2022 07:40:56.603 *WARN* [sling-default-10-health-com.adobe.granite.queries.impl.hc.QueryLimitsHealthCheck] com.adobe.granite.queries.impl.hc.QueryLimitsHealthCheck Could not retrieve QueryEngineSettings MBean.

23.02.2022 07:40:56.615 *INFO* [sling-default-2-health-com.adobe.granite.queries.impl.hc.QueriesStatusHealthCheck] com.adobe.granite.queries.impl.hc.QueriesStatusHealthCheck Could not retrieve QueryStats MBean.

I am really thankful for any help.

I forgot to say that I started the author instance today with the following command:

java -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -jar aem-author-p4502.jar

but other days I have used the start.bat with Xmx4096m

Employee Advisor

What do you mean when you say "I have created separate folders for each of those POCs"? Have you created a folder "poc1" and start one SDK instance there, and a second folder "poc2"  with the other SDK instance in there?

If that's the case, these instances should co-exist quite nicely (assuming that you choose different ports for them). But the error message indicate that they step on each others toes, as if they overwrite each other's files.

Level 2

Yes. I have them in separate folders. I am starting to think that I do something wrong when I shut them down. I will try to watch closely the error.log when Ctrl+C them.

Employee Advisor

But that shouldn't be a problem. I try to use the start/stop scripts locally, but my instances typically are able to startup properly even if I reboot my machine without stopping them explicitly.