Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can Foundation Form Components and Core form components coexist

Level 4

Hi Team,

We are using foundation form components and gradually want to move to core form components. Wanted to check if any one has done same and can foundation form and core form components can coexist as we want to move to core form components gradually and not at one go.

Thanks,

Neha

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

As far as I have seen both can co exist in same project. Also see the "Existing Projects" point at https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/developing/overview... 

Gradual move to use of core component should be possible if a bulk change can't be afforded. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

From my experience, it is possible to use both core and foundation components. But I will insist to use only the core components because core components follow the best practices and are up to date. you can find all the features at https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/introduction.html?l...

If core components do not full fil your purpose, you can use foundation components.

Arun Patidar

Level 4
Hi @arunpatidar - Can it be the case where we can use few core form components and few foundation form components in implementation of a form page like /apps/foundation/components/form/text we update to /apps/core/wcm/components/form/text/v2/text and other form components on the page keep as is on foundation only for gradual move use case. Any challenges you see here

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

As far as I have seen both can co exist in same project. Also see the "Existing Projects" point at https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/developing/overview... 

Gradual move to use of core component should be possible if a bulk change can't be afforded. 

Level 4
Hi @Shubham_borole - Can it be the case where we can use few core form components and few foundation form components in implementation of a form page like /apps/foundation/components/form/text we update to /apps/core/wcm/components/form/text/v2/text and other form components on the page keep as is on foundation only for gradual move use case. Any challenges you see here

Community Advisor
So it will be possible to use both and as I was trying to say that if a bulk change to core form can't be afforded for any reason, this can be tried. But it may prove to be a longer change based on your project content and usage of the component. When we say update from foundation/../text to core/../text/v2/text does it mean a manual authoring change? If not and if we can run a script/code to update the resourcetype of the existing text component to point to core, can you see if that works? Need to check the ./name for both to be same. Basically trying to point that instead of a gradual change try to prefer a one time change to point to core components so that constant look out for issues on this type of component is avoided. And if still gradual change approach has to be taken, not foreseeing any issue other than tracking the differences on the content base.

Community Advisor

@NehaCMS That should not be a problem. They can co-exist .