Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can authoring be done using short URL's ?

Level 4

There is a requirement from client that they doesn't want any links on the page to be long Url which contain full content path (/content/...)

We thought of using short URL's in authoring and activating the page, as AEM is not able to recognize the shorten URL, it's removing the reference from the page.

We thought of applying redirects at Apache level to shorten the URL in the browser, but that will help in one way but the links in the page can't be shortened.

Please help us here

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

We need to do both apache rewrite rule aswell as sling mapping under /etc/map for this to work

Refer: Resource Mapping

Thanks,

Lokesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

You could let the author select the pages with full page and store the full paths in the repository. And then configure sling mapping to rewrite the links to short versions.

Jörg

Level 4

Hi Donald,

Thanks for the reply.

This is for a single URL, but we want AEM/Apache to shorten the URL's automatically by removing the redundant content path in all URL's.

Regards,

Ramgopal.

Level 4

Hi Jorg,

As per your reply, once the sling mappings are configured for an internal redirect from domain to the full content path, it should automatically change the URL references in publish, but i don't see that it is happening. we have already configured /etc/map for the websites but still the URL's on the website are still long URL's.

I understand that this can be done using mod substitute in Apache, would you think that it would be good to use Mod_Substitute rather than AEM mappings?

Thanks,

Ramgopal

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

We need to do both apache rewrite rule aswell as sling mapping under /etc/map for this to work

Refer: Resource Mapping

Thanks,

Lokesh