Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Caching of the segments resolved using Context Hub in AEM 6.2 (or upwards)

Level 3

Dear AEM Community members,

I am attempting to use context hub to resolve a few segments based on query parameters in the URL. The approach is as below:

1. Create a few segments that produce that will read query parameters in URL and accordingly form a resolution
  2. Created few variations of the teasers that will be shown based on segment resolution.

My Query here is majorly around the caching of content in the above setup: Will the content to be shown based on resolved segments be cached all at once and shown/hidden on basis of segment resolution?

Thanks for your response in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Target is all client-side +  Cloud, it has nothing is done on server-side (AEM). AEM only delivers all the javascript file for Target, and the segment resolution is executed on the target servers. Target does a call like /_jcr_content/component.html these are cached in the dispatcher.

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Administrator

It would be on the basis of segment resolution every time. When we say query parameter each call is considered as the dynamic call. Caching is valid for static content only.

Extra Relevant article:- Technical Knowledge Sharing Stuff: Query Parameter caching on Dispatcher and Caching pages with query

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

So if we take away the query parameters from the original question, then does it imply that caching happens only on basis of resolved segments ? Or is it any different for that scenario?​

Thanks,

Hemant

Level 3

kautuksahni​ - possible to share some pointers on my above query?

Correct answer by
Administrator

Target is all client-side +  Cloud, it has nothing is done on server-side (AEM). AEM only delivers all the javascript file for Target, and the segment resolution is executed on the target servers. Target does a call like /_jcr_content/component.html these are cached in the dispatcher.

Kautuk Sahni