Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Bulk Update Asset title

Level 4

We have requirement where we want to bulk update the jcr:title of our assets. I tried Asset Metadata Import, but its only updating the details for metadata node, not the jcr:content node.

Is there any way in AEM or ACS Commos so that we can do this ??

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

We can do it via Bulk editor -

Steps are given below 

We need to define the Root Path like /content/dam/we-retail/en/people , Query Parameters like type:Asset 

as we are dealing with assets, check the Content Mode and jcr:title as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1658939297481.png

Update the jcr:title and save as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_1-1658939434632.pngDEBAL_DAS_2-1658939448076.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

We can do it via Bulk editor -

Steps are given below 

We need to define the Root Path like /content/dam/we-retail/en/people , Query Parameters like type:Asset 

as we are dealing with assets, check the Content Mode and jcr:title as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1658939297481.png

Update the jcr:title and save as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_1-1658939434632.pngDEBAL_DAS_2-1658939448076.png

Level 4

Thanks, Is it possible to upload a CSV file and do it. And also we are on AEM cloud

Employee Advisor

To import content:

1. Open the Bulk Editor.

2. Add ?hib=false to the URL, e.g.:

http://localhost:4502/etc/importers/bulkeditor.html?hib=false

3. Click Import.

4. Select the .tsv file. The data are imported into the repository.

as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1659453518093.png

Sharing sample .tsv file data -

jcr:path	jcr:content/jcr:title
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/Asset1.xml	Today Debal six
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/adaptTo2019-Sling-Content-Distribution-for-the-Cloud-Timothee-Maret1.pdf	Today Debal four
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/adaptTo2019-Sling-Content-Distribution-for-the-Cloud-Timothee-Maret.pdf	Today Debal five
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/Asset.xml	Today seven
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/womens/adaptTo2019-Sling-Content-Distribution-for-the-Cloud-Timothee-Maret.pdf	Today Debal One
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/mens/digital-creating-the-perfect-aem-deployment-white-paper-2.pdf	Today Debal three
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/mens/women_7.jpg	Today My Asset Football India Today
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/mens/men_5.jpg	Today Debal two
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/womens/women_2.jpg	Today My Asset
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/womens/laptop-accessories.jpg	Today Debal eight
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/mens/men_1.jpg	Today My Asset Football new Today
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/mens/men_4.jpg	Today Debal nine Today

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/operations/bulk-editor.h...

Employee Advisor

Bulk editor is available on AEM as a cloud service also. But I haven't use it on AEM as a cloud service personally.

I have used bulk editor on different AEM 6.5.X. 

Level 2

@ashish_mishra1 Could you please specify which property at jcr:content node you want to update as jcr:title exists at metadata node and can be bulk updated using https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/assets/managing/managing-multiple-asse...